What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slowmick

38-39"
Was there yesterday morning, easy parking. Couldn't get out there early today, and didn't feel like battling it out in the sun this arvo. I keep forgetting how bad the traffic gets on a sunny weekend, best to find somewhere else to be.

Hardtail is tuff work there, roots are brutal in some sections. Forces you to learn how to pick good lines, and get the fark off the seat. And makes you appreciate the squishy bike

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
ok sorry - i saw a family in a four wheeler with 4 bikes on a rack. One looked like a your Intense with vintage Fox forks on it. thought it might have been you. Sorry.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
You know, seemed like a good idea at the time. :p
Zero thought given to the route except it’s the most direct. Not many direct routes in that direction except for miller’s rd.

fact remains- roadies are off their heads..
How are you going to get home?

Jpez

Down on the left!
How are you going to get home?
Via every footPath I can find!
I’m near the corner of Roberts and Somerville.
so down Roberts, Francis,Will Rd then cut through Sth Kingsville to Altona north.
marginally safer I guess.

I also considered a Maxi taxi....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah I'm just messing with you, beware taking unsolicited advice on this forum ;)
Lol, all good. Its useful to note though, I'm still getting used to it for sure! Getting more comfortable with it though, I'll stick with it for a while and see if it becomes normal feeling.

And the first time I ride clips again I'll probably fall off...

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Lol, all good. Its useful to note though, I'm still getting used to it for sure! Getting more comfortable with it though, I'll stick with it for a while and see if it becomes normal feeling.

And the first time I ride clips again I'll probably fall off...
I'm still reminding myself all the time but I couldn't go back I'd kill myself.

Have also found riding the hardtail has made a significant difference to my foot technique. There is no pop if you don't get your feet right unlike the full squish which will always pop a bit.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Even in Adelaide there's a few roads I refused to ride back in the day, and that was ten years ago
Adelaide is notorisouly anti-cyclist. The abundance of roadies and meth heads have amplified it somewhat. Oh and the ageing population :)
Worse now, on both sides. There's assholes in every walk of life, I come up behind 2 cyclists riding 2 abreast on Belair road, outside rider in the middle of the road... no respect for other road users and using their legal right to block the whole up-track. Then just when you think they are dickheads, commodore wanker behind me overtakes me and the riders in front of me on a blind corner.

I sold my roadie ~6 months ago, its dirt commutes and gravel rides these days.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Weekend at Bright. Was an absolute scorcher just under 30 without a cloud in the sky.
First park ride and air time back on the bike after shoulder fracture in Whistler. Few runs to get jumping confidence back.

Hero running super smooth. Shred Kelly not as blown out as I thought it would be. Unfortunately Mystic was closed.

Two new custom Shingleback trailers (bye bye crank mount trailers). Super easy to load and unload.

Barely a car on the fire road up as looks like low/no interest to self shuttle with the new system in place.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Today? I thought all trails were close in the Garigal today.
Yeah today. Manly Dam isn't in Garigal and no signs or any indication in Bantry Bay

EDIT: Just jumped on line and it appears the Bantry tracks have been closed since last Wednesday! They really need signs up as i'm sure a LOT of people have been riding Bantry and Serrata. Easy mistake to make as Manly Dam is open, so we just cruised over to those trails as part of our regular loop.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah today. Manly Dam isn't in Garigal and no signs or any indication in Bantry Bay

EDIT: Just jumped on line and it appears the Bantry tracks have been closed since last Wednesday! They really need signs up as i'm sure a LOT of people have been riding Bantry and Serrata. Easy mistake to make as Manly Dam is open, so we just cruised over to those trails as part of our regular loop.
Ahh, I just assumed MD fell under the Garigal.

I saw a repost on Insta from GG from the NB Area Command saying parks are closed and fire trails are being patrolled, if you're caught in there you can expect a talking to.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Not sure how early they start but we were there around 6am. Would def have plead ignorance if we saw someone. Anywho, we know for next time.