What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Haha I'm Android and it's sideways.

I'm on the hunt for a bike to hit the Nerang trails. After years of on and off road biking and slowly building a '93 hardtail the yearn for a modernish dual sus bike has bitten and bitten hard. Spend hours looking at bike stuff but the small budget means I need a cracking deal on probably a 2010ish vintage.
Lul wut?

Sideways, normal and upside down. Screw it, leaving as is.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
Unpacked it after a week riding the SCUM trails south of Nowra. Nice trails, flat XC berm filled fun which the kids could ride easily. Nice work SCUM.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Ordered what I thought were the final parts needed to get the old Specialized XC hardtail going again (long story short: sold it to The Boy's mate, The Boy bought it back off him and fixed it up, then the back wheel shit itself so it's been sitting at home for a couple of years).

"Wait...where are the pedals?"
Got myself some (relatively) cheap Odyssey BMX pedals for now. I'll see how they go. Also got some of that Gorilla tape that youse guys are always raving about. It shits all over Stan's; not only is it just the right width, but it actually sticks!

Came home from work early last night because my inner ear was all messed up. Put all the bits on the bike that I have to hand. Just need to wait for the new rear wheel and brake to show up.

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Ordered the bleed kit, oil and a new olive/nut/tip combo so I can sort out the rear brake on my wife’s Crossway. The less than 100 LBS can’t see it until after Xmas now and besides that they’re the ones that let it out of the store weeping fluid from the brake line fitting and the lever pulling to the bar.

For me I ordered the last bits I forget so I can fit my new forks over the downtime around Xmas...

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
First test of my new Gopro Hero 8. Headed out to Warburton for a couple of laps.
Stabilization is pretty crazy on these new cameras. Sound was pretty good too.
Shame it was a little damp.
That's bloody good footage for the first out-of-the-box test. Nice and stable and very clear.
Maybe angle the lens up a bees dick? (if I'm picky...)
Is the Hero8 the latest and greatest?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First test of my new Gopro Hero 8. Headed out to Warburton for a couple of laps.
Stabilization is pretty crazy on these new cameras. Sound was pretty good too.
Shame it was a little damp.

Just the right level of commentary on this one for my tastes. Really enjoy your vids - very honest and give a great sense of the location and trail. I even feel like I'm going to crash every time you take a jump - that's how in the zone I get watching your vids! Haha.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep, its an awesome camera.

Ive been a Hero slut since the original Hero, then Hero 1,2,3 black, 5 black, 6 black... skipped 7 and on 8 black.

The stabilization is unreal... just watch the iso settings, sunny weather, max it to 200 or 400 as it tries to max the lightening to 1600 and it gets a bit shady and whitey.

slowmick

38-39"
Got out for a quick ride this morning and then rebuilt the rear hope hub on my enduro this afternoon. Much satisfaction to be had from having a go at new things. Just need to make time to change the tyres.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just the right level of commentary on this one for my tastes. I even feel like I'm going to crash every time you take a jump .
Ha ha, thanks mate.

That's bloody good footage for the first out-of-the-box test. Nice and stable and very clear.
Maybe angle the lens up a bees dick? (if I'm picky...)
Cheers mate.
It was a bit more narrow field of view than I usually use, so yeah seems like I'm a little low and high at times. Something I had to do to use the full 'boost' stabilization mode.

Next run will be in a wider view using the next level down hypersmooth, should be the better option for MTB I think.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Got the XC hardtail 95% ready to go. Just waiting on the rear brake (due to arrive tomorrow) and centrelock adaptor (hopefully same).

See Fuckwits thread for selected highlights!

Last edited: