What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode beside all the beaches from Maslin's to O'sullivans, and back.

Didn't see one act of boganism. Just lots of happy people enjoying a beautiful Christmas on the beach.

It was surprising, and uplifting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Similar to my morning. Base kms from Pt Elliot, Victor, The Bluff, Middleton, Goolwa and back to Pt Elliot. Trying to make the 3000kms I’ve fallen agonisingly short of for the past few years. Nice coastline

6CE3614A-9AFC-4364-859D-073F83102E2C.jpeg

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Fitted the new Epixon Air forks to replace the set of XCR coils I bent the steerer on.

My first time cutting down a steerer, first time replacing forks, first time discovering how much swarf was left in the bearings.

Very happy it’s now done and the bike feels completely different, slightly less wonky at the bars obviously which I’ll have to get used to and a lot smoother.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Similar to my morning. Base kms from Pt Elliot, Victor, The Bluff, Middleton, Goolwa and back to Pt Elliot. Trying to make the 3000kms I’ve fallen agonisingly short of for the past few years. Nice coastline

View attachment 358307
Some really nice Summer rock climbing to be had at The Bluff, and further around at Waitpinga.

So, how far off the 3k are you now?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some really nice Summer rock climbing to be had at The Bluff, and further around at Waitpinga.

So, how far off the 3k are you now?

Actually found a few little dh lines off the Bluff. Was quite fun except there was a bunch of kayakers unloading right at the bottom where you rejoin the road. First attempt was interesting, loose -10ish degree dirt to Subaru rear door.

80 clicks is surely doable in the next few days. Not a lot of dirt down here but might finish the year with a first ride at Eagle

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Switched back to cleats for something different. First time in years... apparently it sucks the confidence out of you too.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A what now ?
That's a longwall chock.. An old one.

Think underground coal mine. You have a longwall face, being mined by a shearer which travels back and forth on the coal face, then directly behind the shearer you have a massive line of these longwall chocks side by side. They hold the roof up where the coal has been mined and advance forward with the shearer. It's a pretty interesting process!

mtb1611

Seymour
Had an hour window before heading to the family Boxing Day shindig so headed over to the Australian Botanic Garden (Mount Annan) for a couple of laps of the recently re-opened 'Green Trail'. Tight, twisty, dusty, arduous.....just as it was when I last rode it before it closed a fw years back, with a few minor tweaks. Has never been my fave track but it's only 9 min ride from home to the trail head. Great work by the local crew to persevere through bureaucratic adversity and get it re-opened.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Had a very nice ride on singletrack at my local today, which was just the second dirt ride since having a very painful head on at Lysty a few weeks ago… on the Tuesday that the RB server went down. Coulda sworn I’d busted my shoulder (xrays said no) and the handlebar derived hematoma on my hip would’ve made Mooreys multi-coloured arse proud… not to mention lotsa blood from my face, nose and every extremity… and but I’ll spare you the photos. Today I tried out the new dinnerplate and it shifts very well. I think better than the nx or the ztto, time will tell. Anyway, good to be on singletrack again.

on my bike

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Had a very nice ride on singletrack at my local today, which was just the second dirt ride since having a very painful head on at Lysty a few weeks ago… on the Tuesday that the RB server went down. Coulda sworn I’d busted my shoulder (xrays said no) and the handlebar derived hematoma on my hip would’ve made Mooreys multi-coloured arse proud… not to mention lotsa blood from my face, nose and every extremity… and but I’ll spare you the photos. Today I tried out the new dinnerplate and it shifts very well. I think better than the nx or the ztto, time will tell. Anyway, good to be on singletrack again.

View attachment 358326 on my bike
Sounds terrible. Bike ok?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Sounds terrible. Bike ok?
Yeah it was a seriously hard crash. No oh fvck moment, just all good hammering along solo on my lonesome, having a great ride, then wham, instant ultra violence angst. The other guy, a youngy, was fine, but I was fvcked. Every part of me hurt and I was doubled up on the ground for quite a while. He was all concerned about me, till he realised I wasn't dead, then started to rant about it being one way, then fvcked off. I was too in shock to even respond, as I was stuffed. I was riding a normal anti clockwise loop, and it was the last five metres before you break cover of the trees before the George Michael carpark. He was flying, I reckon 40 kph, I was too, maybe 25 kph… a very hard hit. While recovering, I consulted the map, up near the loo, and yeah, he's right... according to the map, it's one way, but since I've ridden there for fifteen years, I'm not looking at the map, because I know every root and rock of the place, and since there are no markers to say it's one way, I'm clueless about that. After he fvcked off, three more riders, rode the same section of trail, in the same direction, that I did. So, one way, yeah na.

Re, the bike. The handlebars were rotated 90 degrees to the left, and did me some serious hip damage. The seat was also 90 degrees to the left. Both brake levers were rotated up vertical and the front wheel had a slight whoop de doo. While recovering, I broke out the tools, and sorted it. Check the travel indicator in the pic for hard hitsville. BTW, although the xrays said no shoulder break, my myo and my chiro, both reckon I dislocated my shoulder and it popped back in.

Anyway, I rode out, pretty sore and also pretty pissed off. If they are gonna mark the trails as one way on the friggen map, then do the fvcken same on the actual trails. There is no little cross to say yeah na, go back you knobhead. And I know one thing absolutely... that I'll never ride that last 50 metres again.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Well that’s super shit. PV need to told yet again what a fucked up job they have done, half arsed implementing a direction change with no signage.

A dislocated shoulder is no laughing matter, I’m still in pain from mine. I’ve since come to learn from a bunch of people who’ve also done it, it’s only out done in the pain stakes by a dislocated hip, and some women who’s experienced both put it higher up the pain list then child birth. Do you have full movement of your shoulder compared to the other?