What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Out at youies today, landed and heard a thud, thought oh great my nukeproof ard has developed the dreaded thud sound. Checked my rear tyre to see this little pebble stuck in my tyre.
View attachment 358393
Wasn't leaking air so I left it in. Came home and tried to take it out by hand and couldn't so I got the pliers out.
View attachment 358394

So it's about a cm hole in the tyre. Would something like a stans dart work or do I need to take it off and use a puncture kit.
Turned out to be one hell of a pebble. I'd be inclined to use one of the car tyre plugs on that bad boy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nathanm

Eats Squid
Rode Maydena. Not sure how I feel about it. Is massively taxing on bike and body. Yeah I'm super unfit but 3 runs (mostly blue/green and a couple of blacks) felt like a full weekend of DH racing.

1.5 runs in and my brakes started howling. Rotors were blue with heat and pads glazed. Brakes never really recovered which screwed my final runs unfortunately.

The metallic pads in the rear definitely didn't like the heat and are toast. Had a couple of big stacks which I survived which was good.

Will definitely have to sort my braking issues and have another crack. Surely XT single potters can survive a day even with my 120 keggers on board

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Rode Maydena. Not sure how I feel about it. Is massively taxing on bike and body. Yeah I'm super unfit but 3 runs (mostly blue/green and a couple of blacks) felt like a full weekend of DH racing.
bunch of my local riding buddies went, out of the 7 or , i think only 2 enjoyed it for same reason, they were hanging on, arse sitting on rear tyre not really enjoying the riding, they said it was just hang on to avoid crashing and ride the brakes most of the way, i’m not tempted to visit

moorey

call me Mia
bunch of my local riding buddies went, out of the 7 or , i think only 2 enjoyed it for same reason, they were hanging on, arse sitting on rear tyre not really enjoying the riding, they said it was just hang on to avoid crashing and ride the brakes most of the way, i’m not tempted to visit
Knowing you, and extrapolating that your mates ride similarly, I think that’s an endorsement for Maydena. :p

Best Aus destination ever. And I’m a Gumby

nathanm

Eats Squid
Best Aus destination ever. And I’m a Gumby
Would have to disagree. Shuttle road is a pita and takes forever. Costs a fotza and is only suitable for experienced riders with high quality bikes.
Derby absolutely shits all over it. Free camping, trails for all skill levels and quick easy shuttles that cost you less than lunch.

It certainly has it's place for riders looking for a much higher challenge than the norm.

Personally I dislike venues that cost a fortune in remedial maintenance

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Would have to disagree. Shuttle road is a pita and takes forever. Costs a fotza and is only suitable for experienced riders with high quality bikes.
Derby absolutely shits all over it. Free camping, trails for all skill levels and quick easy shuttles that cost you less than lunch.

It certainly has it's place for riders looking for a much higher challenge than the norm.

20 - 25 mins on the shuttle is bloody good for a hill that loses 820m in vert with a top to bottom distance of 5.5km give or take. Plenty of green and blue trails too, all the way up to Pro Line if you're a pro or like walking / falling down the hill. I found it a great place to progress your riding and had no issue with the pricing. Its very nature means you can't break it down on a cost per run basis, that just ain't gonna work.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
20 - 25 mins on the shuttle is bloody good for a hill that loses 820m in vert with a top to bottom distance of 5.5km give or take. Plenty of green and blue trails too, all the way up to Pro Line if you're a pro or like walking / falling down the hill. I found it a great place to progress your riding and had no issue with the pricing. Its very nature means you can't break it down on a cost per run basis, that just ain't gonna work.
Echo all booms comments. I thought it was good value for the shuttles, all things considered

Jpez

Down on the left!

To be be fair to Maydena it is billed as a Dh park. That’s kind of written on the can.
I loved Maydena, it was wet wild and woolly when I’ve been there two times and that makes for interesting riding.

In saying that Derby blew my socks off. If I had a choice of only one venue of the two in future it would probably be Derby but would still love to get back to Maydena in a heart beat.

moorey

call me Mia

Ok Boomer.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Swapped some bars around trying to dial in my wife's road bike setup, and put new bartape on my track bike.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
shits all over it. Free camping
On the boat now, there are 50 vans/vehicles with bikes on them. It's a fucking shit fight every visit with bloody earth muffins who have the 'we were here first' attitude.

Sites should be marked and a small fee paid IMO... especially in peak times.

It's a popular place and 1 twisted hippy woman taking up enough space for 4 full sized vans makes me really angry :mad:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
On the boat now, there are 50 vans/vehicles with bikes on them. It's a fucking shit fight every visit with bloody earth muffins who have the 'we were here first' attitude.

Sites should be marked and a small fee paid IMO... especially in peak times.

It's a popular place and 1 twisted hippy woman taking up enough space for 4 full sized vans makes me really angry :mad:
Tasmania belonged to hippy grey nomads long before mtbers discovered it. Can you really be that cranky over it?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Haven't been to Tassie yet... on a pushy anyway.

Will do for sure.

Been there for work, many times, but yeah...

So Maydena is for real bros, and Derby is for the conscientious objectors like me... cool.

BUT... back in the 80's, riding all the major roads over there, and the one heading down from Queenstown, quite a few times... haha. Wore out two clubby racer sets of Bridgestone Battleaxes in two weeks, on the beloved Ducati Pantah... with a good mate who was also on a similar Duke.

No one passed us...

Caught some nice trout too.

Last edited: