What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Started building a paradox this afternoon. Stole the front end off another bike to try it with a 150mm fork. Think I'll go a fox 34 140 but will see how it rides. Forgot a brake adaptor for the rear so will have to do a lbs run tomorrow and hope they have one. If anyone in Hobart or surrounds has a IS 160-180 rear I'll buy/borrow and replace.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Did a lower service on the Fox 34s (Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 FTW) and put the dropper back together. Microshift shifter on Kirsty's Soma shat itself, did a Bike Discount de order via fright forwarder because fuck you shimano geoblock.

Still cant ride the fracking things in Canberra...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Today was a day of discoveries, not as bad as @Spike-X though.

Firstly I discovered that all the hard work I have been putting into the beer and pies over the Xmas break is paying dividends, or riding in the ACT and Vic has made me lazy and I've forgotten how to ride on rocks. I managed to put a couple good sized dings in the rear wheel today.

Secondly I discovered that tyres don't like staying inflated with dinged rims and I succeeded in rolling it off said rim. When I came to a halt I wondered why the sealant didn't seal it up...uhmmm, bone dry.

Decided it wouldn't seal up tubeless again so threw a tube in, no discovery there because I already knew that tubes are rubbish, but what I did discover is that a 16 gram canister is no where near big enough to inflate a larger tyre, luckily some one was passing with a pump so I could top it up.

I did manage a PB down the creek gap trail though and cleared the creek by a fair bit although I imagine that's where my troubles started.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Started building a paradox this afternoon. Stole the front end off another bike to try it with a 150mm fork. Think I'll go a fox 34 140 but will see how it rides. Forgot a brake adaptor for the rear so will have to do a lbs run tomorrow and hope they have one. If anyone in Hobart or surrounds has a IS 160-180 rear I'll buy/borrow and replace.
View attachment 358531
I really like those Paradox frames! Not so keen on the new mustard yellow colour though.