What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Pumped my Suntour Epixon to the recommended pressure for my weight and ride it 10km including some single track. Will be dropping it a bit.

Am I right I’m assuming I should get the compression (aka air pressure) rate roughly where I like it first before chasing rebound settings?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Pumped my Suntour Epixon to the recommended pressure for my weight and ride it 10km including some single track. Will be dropping it a bit.

Am I right I’m assuming I should get the compression (aka air pressure) rate roughly where I like it first before chasing rebound settings?
i’d set rebound at same time,based on rider weight, give it car pk test, then +/- click mor 2 then ride

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Too hot, too smokey to ride. But my mate in Cairns sent me this. He’d wondered what the funny noise was the last few kms and found this when he pulled up at home!!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
is it only held on with that 1 occy strap...your mate is a twit!
should have known, subaru driver!
He’s just done what I have as well - not noticed the front wasn’t properly seated in the loop when pushing down the hook over the top tube. Luckily mine popped out straight away as I was leaving the drive...

Occy strap was a fail safe extra that did it’s job well!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Too hot, too smokey to ride. But my mate in Cairns sent me this. He’d wondered what the funny noise was the last few kms and found this when he pulled up at home!!

Faaark. He got off lightly considering what the possible consequences could have been.

I was thinking he would have noticed something amiss when he looked in the rear view mirror, but then realised, Subaru. My mistake.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Installed the dropper post from DMan. With a bit of added drillium, the HT now feels like a real bike.

Went for a quick spin, so the lad could test his new dropper that I installed last week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Reconditioning a dropper post for my wife who is a good rider for her demographic 61 yo female as she has never had one and everyone keeps marveling . post is leaking from internal cable O rings needed 3.5 ID x 1.5 mm weird size.
I am just a bit worried I will have to remind her to use it as she is not good with adjustables ie locks out fork, shock and forgets .
I however am a bit of a tuner adjust shock ,drop tyre pressures at the top prior to descent.
Today was a stinker Albury 46.1 C windy too hot to be outside, fire risk off the chart, now about 42 .
House has gravity fed sprinklers on roof , perforated or stainless mesh screens on windows and west wall , celestory windows outside metal shutter and inside shutter, firebunker.
Falls creek, Bright , Yack all prolly closed .

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
is it only held on with that 1 occy strap...your mate is a twit!
Also a Lyric on a hardtail or is that a normal N Queensland thing ?

nathanm

Eats Squid
New brake pads for the Merida after toasting them at Maydena. Rear Metallics survived ok and just needed filing to remove the glazing, but the front resins squealed no matter what i tried.

The High Roller rear tyre was also bleeding sealant heavily through the sidewall so swapped it out for a used Schwalbe Nobby Nic which was impossible to get seated with just the track pump as its too loose a fit with the 533d rims. So off to the servo in the morning.

Pumped up the usel, sorry Jaynes tyre ready for the skills park tomorrow (ghetto tubeless has a slow leak).