What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Why Subaru hate?
He is not a car dude. It works, his wife likes it, the end.
I’ve no opinion myself, not being a car guy, but I have a few Subi crazy friends ... and all of them have had to cough up to 4,5 or 6 k to rebuild their fucked Pleiades mobiles. And yet they do.

But this opinion I do have, I cannot stand the subi white pearl paint... uggghhh. Just horrid.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’ve no opinion myself, not being a car guy, but I have a few Subi crazy friends ... and all of them have had to cough up to 4,5 or 6 k to rebuild their fucked Pleiades mobiles. And yet they do.

But this opinion I do have, I cannot stand the subi white pearl paint... uggghhh. Just horrid.
His has been utterly reliable for many many years. When it dies he will get a RAV4 hybrid.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Rode the Trance to the local park with the missus on her Soma to refill the water we’d put our for local birds.

Her Soma handles pretty well with 20kg of water on its rack.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Minor brake tweaking. Now running 203mm XT Freeza rotors front and rear with the Saint M820 calipers taking the place of the SLX M7120 units on the Sight. Hardtail to get the SLX calipers tomorrow.

Interestingly the Sight had metal pads as standard, and they fit in the M820 calipers so they stayed with the sight. Have a new set of resin pads to go on the hardtail but now the M820 calipers look weird not having the big heatsink pads........ guess I will need to order some to make things look right in the world.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Subaru = Pleiades didnt know that . I knew about Pleiades but not that connection and the logo.
I love Subarus even more . My experience with several has been very positive over > 30 years, never had a big disaster ,super practical reliable now 2nd Forester.With Forester the only thing is the engineered plastic on the radiator becomes brittle after 10 -15 years about 200k km and can cause a leak and engine overheats , so preventative replacement is good idea.
One problem with social media is you will always get tiny groups esp white males who will agree to arbitrarily hate anything especially causes with passion eg vegans , refugees , climate change ,electric cars animal rights ,renewable energy women politicians[ Lyonhjelm v esp Sarah Hanson Young ], even cyclists and Subaru .
They seem to prefer their soulless macho lives of V8 cars , trucks , drinking and simplistic views about cc based on spin and poor education includes the PM.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
BTW the smoke index in NE Vic is >1000 today so dont come up here if you need to breathe.
Will improve with showers .

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Was going to go on the Surf Coast club social ride this morning, but I didn't get enough sleep and it's raining, so I didn't.

I'm certainly not going to complain about any rain right now, but could it not have at least waited until this afternoon? I mean, this is the first social ride in a month, and it hasn't rained here for a couple of weeks, and of course the two things had to occur at the same time. Fuck's sake.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
And while I'm whinging about stuff...

CRC finally got the wheel I sent back to them. They say the manufacturer wants to have a look at it, so that's going to take another three weeks or so.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
ducked up to harcourt with the wet weather, still sticking to the flats & took the Ss HT, conditions were cold, the wind was ripping thru you, made climbing more difficult as u always seemed to be in a headwind
trk2 is really getting blown out, the erosion and brake bumps are becoming real bad, i saw a few guys just bombing 2, up and down constantly, half on e-bikes..the trk won’t last if that punishment keeps up, most other trails in good nick

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Subaru = Pleiades didnt know that . I knew about Pleiades but not that connection and the logo.
I love Subarus even more . My experience with several has been very positive over > 30 years, never had a big disaster ,super practical reliable now 2nd Forester.With Forester the only thing is the engineered plastic on the radiator becomes brittle after 10 -15 years about 200k km and can cause a leak and engine overheats , so preventative replacement is good idea.
One problem with social media is you will always get tiny groups esp white males who will agree to arbitrarily hate anything especially causes with passion eg vegans , refugees , climate change ,electric cars animal rights ,renewable energy women politicians[ Lyonhjelm v esp Sarah Hanson Young ], even cyclists and Subaru .
They seem to prefer their soulless macho lives of V8 cars , trucks , drinking and simplistic views about cc based on spin and poor education includes the PM.
I always get surprised there is a competitive thing amongst Jap car owners - all the Jap stuff is about the same as far as I've been able to tell...

Same with euro cars... They all share most component manufacturers and the differences are not as great as the marketing would have you believe.