What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Last year I helped convert a bicycle rider into a mountain biker. This morning I got another one, neighbour is a regular commuter, lake rides etc. He did really well on a loop of lower Stromlo and he wants to buy the old Avanti, first proper mtb trails on a full sus and he's hooked. "This is so good" :)
Damn fine effort doing 17k's on his first off-road hit out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Took myself up to Marysville this morning for an 8:30 shuttle to the top of lake mountain to try the cascades trail.
Lots of alpine trail fun. So many berms i was getting dizzy after a while.

The boys had warned me there was a lot of climbing and it feels like more than shown on strava. I think this is due to the you having to "ride" the whole trail. There is no slacking off.

Lysterfield is going to seem very easy tomorrow after Red Hill Friday and Lake Mountain today.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Huge ride (for me) today, I’m normally a fast 90 min rider. Rode with a mate from Bundeena.

6 hrs on out on the tracks, Maianbar-Bundeena-Marley-Wattamolla-Garie-Garrawarra-Helensburgh-Waterfall.

Planned to continue to Heathcote but right shoulder/arm said no.

Almost entire ride on firetrails or singletrack. Awesome riding, especially the new ST we found.

Only pic is of my bike on the train proving I didn’t finish the ride as intended

Today's route - my super fit riding buddy finished the ride (clockwise from Waterfall):

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Old mate Talentspotter was at it again.

One of my mates said I'd have to pay him not to Photoshop "something" in my mouth. Me looking like I'm giving the air a blow job has become a recurring theme when I get air.

Happy place.

Might need to play around with the settings, we moved the saddle back during the ride.

I gave him an older but fresh Bell helmet I had kicking around, and this afternoon over a beer I told him about tubeless and that it would be the best upgrade once he buys the bike.

@rockmoose yeah he's fit as and I was a little surprised how bike fit he was but he's ridden all his life, just not off road. 40ish is not too late. The other new bloke Dave is 54 and he's killing it. The carbon RM Altitude is helping in that case, but the old Avanti ain't no joke and will serve my neighbour very well. I think $500 is a fair price, it's had a very easy life.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Last year I helped convert a bicycle rider into a mountain biker. This morning I got another one, neighbour is a regular commuter, lake rides etc. He did really well on a loop of lower Stromlo and he wants to buy the old Avanti, first proper mtb trails on a full sus and he's hooked. "This is so good" :)
hold off from introducing him to Haakon for a while, you might just scare him off!

safreek

Old mate Talentspotter was at it again.

View attachment 358859

One of my mates said I'd have to pay him not to Photoshop "something" in my mouth. Me looking like I'm giving the air a blow job has become a recurring theme when I get air.

View attachment 358860

Happy place.

View attachment 358861

Might need to play around with the settings, we moved the saddle back during the ride.

View attachment 358862

I gave him an older but fresh Bell helmet I had kicking around, and this afternoon over a beer I told him about tubeless and that it would be the best upgrade once he buys the bike.

@rockmoose yeah he's fit as and I was a little surprised how bike fit he was but he's ridden all his life, just not off road. 40ish is not too late. The other new bloke Dave is 54 and he's killing it. The carbon RM Altitude is helping in that case, but the old Avanti ain't no joke and will serve my neighbour very well. I think $500 is a fair price, it's had a very easy life.
Yeah, the second photo shows it all, big S eating smile

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Once the tubes are taken out can you please show him one finger braking, he'll squash his index finger in there if he grabs a handful.
Good pickup. He said this arvo he was finding the decent-but-not-awesome Tektro's were really powerful, i guess with a handful they are!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah, the second photo shows it all, big S eating smile
We knew he was there, it continues to amaze me he just does this for the community. A number of my shots could easily be used in promo material, not to mention the peeps who really send it.

It's just amazing to have this record of my riding from the last 3-4 years, not just some ordinary pic we took on the phone. Yet another blessing for all the other suffering of Canberra*.

*So others say