What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally converted my XC riding brother to the joys of long travel trail bikes :)
Picked up his new Genius 29er, so we took it for a blat around the local for a shakedown.
He's over the moon with it.

Also forgot to put my clutch on and so the inevitable chain loss occurred!
Rebuilt Lysterfield skills park is also much better now.

Last edited:

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Thank you sir. I'll let Italy take the credit there. Bolt on Italian components to an Italian frame and you already have a head start.

It is nice bike to ride though and I'm fortunate to have it in the stable.

The Italian stuff is another world to me, but it always looks so classy. I only really know Shimano. I've got an '81 Miyata roadie I ride down to the shop and stuff. Really need to get a few KMs on it. It's steel, all Shimano 600 with downtube shifters. Feels awesome.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The Italian stuff is another world to me, but it always looks so classy. I only really know Shimano. I've got an '81 Miyata roadie I ride down to the shop and stuff. Really need to get a few KMs on it. It's steel, all Shimano 600 with downtube shifters. Feels awesome.
My first roadie was mostly Shimano and nothing wrong with that - they make great groupsets that last well.

This one had to something different and Campagnolo is worth the entry fee IMHO and not hideously expensive if you find a preloved groupset. I haven't had to replace anything on the drivetrain since I've had it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My last roadie, about 137 years ago, was all campag. Where we lived the local bike club would do a criterium and you could not hear anything from the campag drivetrains. I bought in and it was true! Bear in mind in those dim dark times Shimano sounded like an Orange at full tilt even when tuned properly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The campag drivetrains are pretty quiet and shift really nice.

The only grumpyness I could say about it is that the chain doesn't like too much lube nor older crusty lubey muck on it. It still shifts but doesn't feel as crisp.

A few drops of triflow works best and it doesn't seem to love Morgan Blue.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Had a wild ride this afternoon with my boofheaded mate. We saw some roo's. Came around a corner fast and they were 20 metres ahead, crossing the track ...... faaaarrrrk! They bolted .... obviously ... and for a little while, I couldn't stop him. Dead dry grass and a carpet of deadfall, mixed with park tyres, does not make for good braking. You heard it here first!

I felt like I was in a National Lampoon movie. Took 80- 100 metres off-track to pull him up. I dare say he'd never seen such a critter before.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick 1.5hr ride this morning before work. Standard Fadden Pines- Issacs Ridge loop.
Stats for the day:
23km
1.5hrs