What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

safreek

I used to love crossmarks on my old 4X bikes. Good fast tyre
I hate crossmarks, flatty tyre bastards.
Think I have had 1 ride without a flat.
I'm too cheap to throw them away so I will just carry a couple of tubes every ride.

Is it just me or do patches not work as well as they used to

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey - Felix not running supported tyres any more?
Never has been.
The generous Mitas guys sent him a pair to try for his DH bike, but they unfortunately didn’t fit. Their 2.4 highlander was 1/4” bigger than a maxxis 2.4 or Schwalbe 2.35.
Loves his Maxxis minions in most situations for enduro and trail. Running magic Mary’s on the DH bike. When I know it’s called for, his enduro bike runs Michelin Wild Enduro.
The old Gringo he’s commandeered runs Conti race kings.
No brand affiliation, more of a royal sampler
Little fella goes through a lot of tyres. He’s the reason we eat rice 3 meals a day :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
Tyre sorted. It did have a tube. Tyre and tube have a cut in the sidewall. Replaced tube and inserted air. Looks good. I think I need to service the front hub. It doesn't spin very well. No idea how that might work. I assume there shouldn't be any play in the spacers?

Rear mech is still arguing with the cassette. Probably not going to work until I find a replacement cable. Almost endurobro.
Not just disc rubbing?
Those hubs are quality. They will be fully serviceable, even if new bearings are required.
Chip away at as you have the cash/time. No old bike is without issues, but it’s a sweet rig.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Not just disc rubbing?
Those hubs are quality. They will be fully serviceable, even if new bearings are required.
Chip away at as you have the cash/time. No old bike is without issues, but it’s a sweet rig.
Nah, I did the index fingers axle test as well. Thought it was disc rub, but she definitely needs lube. Rear seems fine.

I can see myself slowly rebuilding the whole bike. Little by little. Stickers are sacked. They're pretty busted up, and not doing anything worthwhile.

The cafe crew will still know it's a SC won't they ..... :p

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Looking at the forecast for this week, it’s definitely a Minion track.
View attachment 359487
looking at the forcast...if its as wet as it was last friday you'd get away with a 2.3 ardent... everything was rolling slow and grip for days. i was running an assegai up front and DHF on the rear, seriously regretting it halfway down first run on flowtown. pumped them up hard and had shock half locked out just to try keep the speed up.