What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Set myself up for the first service day in many many months.

M'ladys bike saw some new tyres fitted.

The road/gravel thing got a gear adjustment (as in I flicked the clutch switch on the RD to 'on' and suddenly it shifted properly) and chain lube.

Then I started in on the Twinzer which I decided last year is best suited to double track and dirt road marathon rides. Decided back then to refit the blingy White Industries crankset I had used on it eons ago but removed because they are narrow and would occasionally strike the flexy chainstays during XC rides. However, this time I would go 2x and spent good coin on some of WI's VBC chain rings (42/30). And I find that the sodding thing won't fit. The square taper BB is too short and the Q factor too fat...and unless someone does a JIS square taper BB for a 73 mm shell in a width approaching 130mm at least...I'm not able to use this fancy crankset....damnit.

Am now drinking beer...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Swapped a crap Gripshift for a thumb shifter on the Little Sender's bike, he wasn't strong enough to turn the Gripshift. Fitted a Barzo to the front of mine to see if can overpower the Canis that's on the back, and repurposed a section of plastic tyre lever. Di2 has a quirk of over-shifting from big ring to small, which throws chains at random intervals, always going uphill.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Spent last night sorting things out on the hardtail that's been neglected since getting the enduro rig.
  • Put on some magura mt5 brakes
  • Making a chain whip from scrap for the 18th time)
  • Took the old worn cassette off including finding a chunk missing from a gear (I've seen that a bit too often on Sram cassettes)
  • Took the chainring off to fit a new one only to realise that the Sram chainring bolts are M8.5 (WTF, did you really need the extra 0.5mm compared to the m8s everyone else uses). The chainring I have has the female part built in so the Sram chainring bolts wont work. The worst part is I suddenly realised that I did this ~1.5 years ago and meant to order the parts with my next order and put an old chainring on then. Now that chainring is worn and I've had dozens of orders since and forgot to buy the silly bolts. Frustrating as I was keen to get it going again.
  • Put.the bike back in the shed again and rode the enduro bike again

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That’s shit. Had it looked at / connected up to the software? Throw might be adjustable.
More frustrating because it's very random.

I hadn't thought of the software side of things, but I've gone through the mechanical setup and it's all hunky-dory. If the derailleur side plate sits any closer the chain rubs.

I thought it was just a bit of old age wear creeping in until I heard of others having the same sort of issues.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
More frustrating because it's very random.

I hadn't thought of the software side of things, but I've gone through the mechanical setup and it's all hunky-dory. If the derailleur side plate sits any closer the chain rubs.

I thought it was just a bit of old age wear creeping in until I heard of others having the same sort of issues.
Could be a slightly bent or misaligned FD. The servo motors are pretty powerful and I’ve bent on on my roadie before when something funky happened with a shift. Still a fantastic system (on the road at least) for the balance of the last 4 yrs of ownership.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Because of the speedos, but really lismore misses a lot of the rain for some reason.
During the big flood of 17 I was living on the top of the hill, needed sandbags and all. The rest of the town got fucked up
I feel like floods were almost a yearly event when I was growing up there, but we lived on the river. So it was literally closer to home.

This was my folks house in ‘17, the 74 flood (those markers at the top of telegraph poles in town) was about 40cm higher than this, but was pre-levee system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Wow I have come a lot of weird shit on the trails but not a dingo.. Did they run off or sus out whether they could both take you down?
The front one was a male and he gave me a Mexican standoff for a while, he wasn't scared of me even as I got closer. I threw a stick and yelled, still he wouldn't move. What made them both run was when I cupped my hand and clapped into the other as hard as I could to make a noise like a rifle going off. I wasn't really keen to turn my back on them.

Funny thing is that I've been hearing strange noises every time I have ridden past this section of trail for the last few weeks, make me wonder if they have pups. It was a brown pants moment for sure, never seen any dingo in this park in all 5 years I've ridden there.

moorey

call me Mia
get much rain, geelong boy told me it was very dusty sat morning

i se felix got the win in a big jnr field, @wozza did pretty well in masters a;so
A couple of mm max overnight and maybe one more at start of racing. Thick cloud up there. Tracks had been dry and dusty AF, the moisture improved it and settled most of the dust.
Yeah, @wozza smashed it, and Felix had a belter to take the win. I was simply pleased to finish.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Came across a Dingo today.

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous and then to make things worse its mate came out from behind as I got closer.
I do a lot of wildlife rescue and am always worried the next one is going to be a dingo. Luckily they are pretty bloody rare in Victoria.. well lucky for me not the species.

Such a wonderful moment, im kinda jelous.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I do a lot of wildlife rescue and am always worried the next one is going to be a dingo. Luckily they are pretty bloody rare in Victoria.. well lucky for me not the species.

Such a wonderful moment, im kinda jelous.
Yeah, magnificent animal but still a wild and unpredictable animal. I spent years working in outback towns, places like Jabiru on the outskirts of Kakadu national park and they are seen everywhere around the town but they seem to be used to humans and rarely bother anyone.

At least I know that they are around and keep an eye out for them, I think the dry might have forced them closer to human visited areas of the park in search for new food sources.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yeah, magnificent animal but still a wild and unpredictable animal. I spent years working in outback towns, places like Jabiru on the outskirts of Kakadu national park and they are seen everywhere around the town but they seem to be used to humans and rarely bother anyone.

At least I know that they are around and keep an eye out for them, I think the dry might have forced them closer to human visited areas of the park in search for new food sources.
I saw a few up in QLD years back but always from a distance. I havnt heard of any attacks recently but do know the rescuers who deal with them offer them the most respect.
I need to go visit Kakadu again now my life intentions have moved away from drinking beers and twirling fire sticks..

Im happy with my baby wombats and joeys.
Cut this little lady out of the mothers pouch mid last year, had little hair and very malnutritioned. Mother had been hit by a car.