What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Got cleared from a broken wrist today, the last lingering injury from the Bay of Fires trail in Tassie. X-ray and ultrasound clear, swollen joint is causing pain and hand/finger numbness as its pressing on my carpal tunnel, Doc says anti-inflammatories and it should be good soon... then the fact im old is a multiplying factor.

MTB is now back on the cards.

So, new Assy-guy on the back, new Ergon saddle, new pads front and rear... and a blue spring from Cyclinic, got my expected sag and the ACS3 spring fork conversion is buttery smooth. Still only got 135mm max travel but I was going easy'ish on XC trails, a few jumps and techy bits but that's ok + I got the fork converted from 150mm to 160mm at the same time so got 25mm in reserve.

One thing I have notice is my confidence has taken a hit... very cautious, the fear of crashing is strong. Noticed I am pointing toes down and drifting wide on corners, rather than heels down, pushing the knobs in and looking ahead on the trail :mad:

+ with the injuries, broken ribs, wrist and other annoying shit, I have hardly ridden in 6 weeks and been smashing the beers, gone from 85kg to 91kg and lost a lot of fitness.

View attachment 360376
New bike time. That seat angle is far too slack, that’s why nothings working properly. It’s not your toe’s fault.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I'm yet to find my trail balls. Big 'ol wussbag.

Just re-drilled my rack so it gets a more overlap in the hitch extender. Maiden voyage to do some laps of the beginner stuff in Nerang. I know it's going to sway and scare the shit out of me.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
New bike time. That seat angle is far too slack, that’s why nothings working properly. It’s not your toe’s fault.
The bushes have always been in slack mode and gained an extra 10mm on the fork, slacker HA but also slacker STA. Not sure on the exact figures but my Evil Following felt steeper. Doesn't really bother me though, once the post is zoomed down, its out of the equation.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Easy lap of Stromlo today, off the bike 2 weeks and also too many beers as I had a short break from work in the middle. Smacked a rock with my pedal near the bottom, did the down non stop so was a bit fatigued. Dislodged the left foot and caused the right ankle to hit the crank hard. Hurt like hell for 10 mins but just bruised. Wedgetail is like a freeway on the top section now, looks steam rolled.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Completed the Otway Odyssey 100km in 6h 28m 44s making me 147 out 235 finishers. Winner set a new record of 4h 15m :oops:. Fantastic day on the bike, which ran faultlessly except a fairly fundamental brake issue. I went over the bars 30km in, then dropped it again in a rut about 300m later. Climbed back on and the front brake was rubbing, and then the lever went to the bar.

Hard to say if it was the pads fault or my flame grill last week. Being a glutton for punishment, it actually added to my ride experience. I had to hit every line perfectly, work the bike under me, pick the braking zones early and be on the rear as hard as the tire would hold. Had to ride every descent as though there was a 4ft log roll waiting for me behind every blind corner because there was no way I could pull up from warp speed. 100% focus for 70km. My kind of torture.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Fantastic day on the bike, which ran faultlessly except a fairly fundamental brake issue.
Half the problem is that you don't use brakes at Coomie like everyone else does. And they don't wear like they do everywhere else...and then you take them somewhere else that's actually steep and muddy and wonder why they don't work or just wear out!

The brake pads on my hardtail date from 2010...and the ones on dually are circa 2014...

Cardy George

Half the problem is that you don't use brakes at Coomie like everyone else does. And they don't wear like they do everywhere else...and then you take them somewhere else that's actually steep and muddy and wonder why they don't work or just wear out!

The brake pads on my hardtail date from 2010...and the ones on dually are circa 2014...
And just before they failed there were 6 of us stuck behind a single speeder who just couldn't descend to save himself. Never been on the brakes so hard for so long.

If anyone argues that XT four-pots don't have excellent feel and modulation, I will happily slap them. Hard

Ultra Lord

And just before they failed there were 6 of us stuck behind a single speeder who just couldn't descend to save himself. Never been on the brakes so hard for so long.

If anyone argues that XT four-pots don't have excellent feel and modulation, I will happily slap them. Hard
Xt’s don’t have feel or modulation. Fight me!

Try my hopes. Pre or post slap I don’t mind, but your full of it if you think xt’s have modulation compared to what else is on the market.

Cardy George

Try my hopes. Pre or post slap I don’t mind, but your full of it if you think xt’s have modulation compared to what else is on the market.
They had enough to get me down numerous hills, they'll do me ;)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Hopes have excellent expensives, and look amazing, but otherwise don't have anything to offer over Shimano. Tried v4s and x2s, went back to Zee's and xt, better feel for less monies.

for the life of me I can't see this modulation thing people keep banging on about either, does it just mean less power? Cos you can get less power with cheap tektros if you want

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hopes have excellent expensives, and look amazing, but otherwise don't have anything to offer over Shimano. Tried v4s and x2s, went back to Zee's and xt, better feel for less monies.

for the life of me I can't see this modulation thing people keep banging on about either, does it just mean less power? Cos you can get less power with cheap tektros if you want

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
TL;DR Planky’s wrong.