What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
spent the weekend in St Helens riding with Jayne. The green trails are, well, very green. Not too dissimilar to a walking track but good fun regardless particularly at Jayne's speed. I believe the brief for world trail was to make family friendly trails and they have certainly ticked that box. anyone could ride them on any bike, I'd be happy to ride the roadie on it although Jayne did pedal up a roller, clipped a pedal on the fallen tree it was built over and took a little tumble.

Jayne enjoyed herself though, they were well within her skillset and fitness and the promise of cheese at the end of Day 1 certainly spurred her on.

Weather was perfect but the signage isn't and is a little confusing on trail as there are multiple options to shortcut and bypass certain trails. We actually rode further than we intended on day 1 as we just couldn't work out where we were.

The best thing about St Helens is there's plenty of things to do off the bike. After riding we headed to Pyengana Cheese Factory which is a much do, especially for Jayne as she only rode as I promised her cheese. You've also got the pub in the paddock, St Columbia falls and some pristine beaches we walked on dusk. Even managed a quick fish.

Also shot video of the day so not only do we have the "rideswithjayne" instagram and facebook, she'll soon have a YouTube channel to boot.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I did an 8km ride through a koala
reserve here with the young fella on the shotgun seat. It's dear flat gravel pathways but a nice ride, hundreds of roos but no koalas that we noticed. That's double the distance we've done before, he was a bit over it by the end. So was my arse, stupid nukeproof seat is rock solid.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Where is that?
It's behind the correctional centre on the Sumner Park side, I've never seen any in the area in the whole 40 years I've been here. They must be coming for the kanggas that are everywhere. The two before this were on a back trail at WhiteRock

creaky

XMAS Plumper
C,mon it's not that bad, There's more polite people at WhiteRock than anywhere else I've ridden across Brisbane.
Just mucking around ! What is the ownership of that Wacol bushland e.g. undeveloped private land, or is it a reserve? It looks like a very isolated pocket of bush to find a dingo. It must have traversed some major roads to get there.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just mucking around ! What is the ownership of that Wacol bushland e.g. undeveloped private land, or is it a reserve? It looks like a very isolated pocket of bush to find a dingo. It must have traversed some major roads to get there.
Classed as a reserve AFAIK
I would say it did cross roads or followed the train line up but there's a large mob of Roo's that were moved over from other correctional centre near the Wolston park side to the back of River Hills where the old jail farm was.

That section I was on is just a small fire road loop about 3.5kms It's an ex-army ground that floods all the time, the train line goes through the back to Ipswich and backs onto it.

So that’s still a pretty built up area to be seeing dingos yeah?
Yeah, it is a strange place to see one but maybe the drought has forced them to move closer to a food source. I would say it's a hybrid Dingo but I'm not an expert. They're classed as pests in Qld and get culled, there was a few at Gap Creek many years ago.

Last edited: