What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Roxanne was one of the few trails I didn't get to - I've heard its awesome.
It's short, but definitely worth the effort of the thoroughly enjoyable climb up Snig. Fast and rocky, keeps you on your toes.

Today we did Blue Tier and Atlas. Flow for days through some stunning scenery. Steak sando at the Weldborough Pub was outstanding (but bloody expensive), although it was not sitting too comfortably by the end of the ride. That could also be because I very rarely eat meat so digesting it is quite a chore.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheated on my Fuel EX with a filthy eMTB ! Went to Wellington Mills DH tracks which are nice and close to home ( I thought it was much closer to Collie) The Levo ate up the fire road climbs using max assistance. I haven't ridden since New Years Day and only lasted three runs, I could have gone up a few more times but the descents had quickly used up my puny reserves of strength ! Good trails though, very similar to Linga Longa in parts. Tagged along with a few other blokes on my last run, the Levo could have easily made this jump with a more capable rider onboard

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
It's short, but definitely worth the effort of the thoroughly enjoyable climb up Snig. Fast and rocky, keeps you on your toes.

Today we did Blue Tier and Atlas. Flow for days through some stunning scenery. Steak sando at the Weldborough Pub was outstanding (but bloody expensive), although it was not sitting too comfortably by the end of the ride. That could also be because I very rarely eat meat so digesting it is quite a chore.

I found that if I'm climbing up Snig I much prefer Kingswall over Roxanne.

nathanm

Eats Squid
did a proper MTB ride with an old riding mate yesterday which exposed how truly unfit and unskilled I've become. Was a good reminder though why I used to live riding. Absolutely loved proper old skool raw trails. big drops that come out of nowhere at the end of a blind corner, off camber roots and not a berm of groomed trail in sight.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I found that if I'm climbing up Snig I much prefer Kingswall over Roxanne.
I haven't done the top half of Kingswall, just link Roxanne into lower Kingswall.

Will give the top half a blast next time.

Today we did multiple runs down Flickity Sticks and Deadly Bugga, and another blast down Air Ya Garn.

Sad to be leaving, but my legs are cooked anyway.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I haven't done the top half of Kingswall, just link Roxanne into lower Kingswall.

Will give the top half a blast next time.

Today we did multiple runs down Flickity Sticks and Deadly Bugga, and another blast down Air Ya Garn.

Sad to be leaving, but my legs are cooked anyway.

Yeah did full Kingswall, was epic! Some of it is quite bloody challenging...
For me Air Ya Garn was biggest smile but Kingswall won best trail, so many epic choices down there now.

slowmick

38-39"
Took the Enduro to Silvan along with my pads and full face and faced my fears on Bottle Caps. First time around I walked the roll in from the road and the log roll. Rode both today. Still lots of work to do to get some flow on the trail. Should have ridden it more than once before the Trans NZ - needed to be riding more tracks that frightened me. Now just need to go back to Red Hill to do the rock roll on Charlotte's.

Last edited:

tobbogonist

a registered member
Read the map wrong and started at the bottom of the trail, back to the car and started again, fire road fully washed out. Pushed the Subaru to it's limits getting up to the top and earned much respect from two blokes on motorbikes.
25 minutes going down then an hour walking back up the horrid fire road, stopped at the pub on the way home and found out if I had of gone left it was a casual ride back round to the top of the trail..

Found a cartoon boulder so i guess it doesn't matter.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Had the long weekend down the beach, so three good Redhill roadside rides. Besides the faves (Mcilroys, Stanley’s and Baldrys) which we did a few times, we did a fair bit of new stuff to us...Nicks although short, is fun. Binned it on Greens with a pedal strike, into blackberries, of course. Six hours all up, loved it.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Took the 3 boys on a ride from home down to Manly and back on the weekend. Ended up being 18.5km all up. It's quick getting there, as we live at the top of a hill; ride down, then all level to Manly. But then coming back, once we reach that hill again it takes forever - boys are knackered and have no energy left for the last push. Good thing ice cream and hot chips are a great motivator!