What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Being a perfect example of a dad body, I figure the three best things I can do right now are stay away from other people, lose weight, and do personal care stiff that needs doing while I still can.

In the service of those two goals I went on a proper ride of the Rune yesterday around Manly Dam which is fun but pretty tame for the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I'm finally starting to gel with the bike. Far out its a real plow machine. It's just such a solid bike, that it makes me feel like I can hit stuff hard and fast with no problems.

I've still got a little bit too much pressure in the Fox 36s but the Grip damper is working a treat. Soooo much better then the overdamped rc2.

I'm running the Float X2 with the baseline settings and they seem to be working ok. Will need to do some bracketing to fine tune it.

Also decided to take the super tourer on a round trip to get my hair cut (in an otherwise empty barber wearing a face mask), see my podiatrist (same), and pick up some medication from Sydney cbd (same). Glad to report that Manly, Mosman, Neutral Bay, North Sydney and the cbd were ghost towns.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Being a perfect example of a dad body, I figure the three best things I can do right now are stay away from other people, lose weight, and do personal care stiff that needs doing while I still can.

In the service of those two goals I went on a proper ride of the Rune yesterday around Manly Dam which is fun but pretty tame for the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I'm finally starting to gel with the bike. Far out its a real plow machine. It's just such a solid bike, that it makes me feel like I can hit stuff hard and fast with no problems.

I've still got a little bit too much pressure in the Fox 36s but the Grip damper is working a treat. Soooo much better then the overdamped rc2.

I'm running the Float X2 with the baseline settings and they seem to be working ok. Will need to do some bracketing to fine tune it.

Also decided to take the super tourer on a round trip to get my hair cut (in an otherwise empty barber wearing a face mask), see my podiatrist (same), and pick up some medication from Sydney cbd (same). Glad to report that Manly, Mosman, Neutral Bay, North Sydney and the cbd were ghost towns.

I've been doing similar, but purely bike path stuff at the moment. I figure if I'm going to work less hours I should finally tackle the fitness I keep promising myself I'll get stuck into but am always too tired to do. I rode Saturday arvo, Sunday arvo, Tuesday after work and again tonight totalling roughly 70km since Saturday. Been loving it and feeling better for it already (and it's been a great way to destress). Might not be trail-riffic, but at least it's getting the legs spinning more than usual!

tobbogonist

a registered member
I've gone six days consecutive riding and going to try keep it up until Easter at least.
Figured out today that if I park in the lower carpark at Beechworth mtb park I start the ride with a climb.
It always seemed innapropriate to have fun first and this way I dont go for that one last run and lose my legs on the return climb.
Also, as my fitness rises im worried I am going to find out I enjoy climbing more than decending..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just got put on 3 day weeks. Should finally get out on the spitty! Finally. Tomorrow morning can’t come aoon enough.

it’s gonna hurt. Oh lawd I can feel the vomit coming up already.
I need to make the most of it because I can see us getting smashed when things settle down.

40 jobs approved, average 3 days each, just waiting for buildings to reopen so we can get access. The breakdowns will start rolling in soon too, as soon as it cools abit more and building start turning on hot water systems that haven’t run for half a year. And people flushing things other than tp cause they can’t buy the bloody stuff. Bleugh.
But, thats a problem for future me, tomorrow is pedal day!

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I picked up a fluid trainer yesterday for the inevitable lock in and my derailleur hanger sure is taking it's time so not sure if I'll get out before we're shut in. I know it's not the same as being out on the road but hoping to get some fitness up. Adding pedaling in to the olympic rings and kettlebell (just grabbed my brothers spare 24kg one, feels like a lot more than 8kgs heavier than the 16!) And I might come out of confinement fitter than I went in! As long as I don't do a major bottle shop stock before hand, that could tip me the other way.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Where did you go? What hurts the most, legs or lungs?

Left hammy and calf are on fire. In a good way. Physio had a ball haha, bloody sadist. Lungs hurt but they recovered quickly enough.

just went loftus, sessioned that trail that follows the creek from the carpark, turned right at the bottom where you hit the fire road and climbed out that way then looped around (managed the climb twice! Had to walk the third time. Bloody cramps).

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I bought my wife a direct drive trainer. That should keep me safe if we go into lockdown. Plus we have wine

stirk

Burner
I tried to have an MTB blast after WFH yesterday - started pouring with rain at 3pm.

I tried to have an MTB blast after WFH today - started pouring with rain at 3pm.

Fkn cabin fkn fever!
Riding in the rain is ok, a little like riding in the middle of a 40 degree day covered in sweat.