What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been riding our XC bikes for the past 2 weeks, local trails and gravel in Belair NP and a few of the other parks/trails around where we live. Avoiding the big bikes as spending time in A&E or the Doc's waiting room at this present time is not something I want for any or us... or anyone.

Looks like we cut it fine with the weather though, storm front has hit here now.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So did a 44km ride on mostly bike paths. Avoiding roads after a car almost side swiped me the other day.

After taking the piss out of roadies on here the other day I’m starting to envy their skinny little wheels! In fact I was actually starting to enjoy the grind and burn And just wanted to keep churning along but had to get back to look after the kid.

Also found 800 bars are good for keeping muppets out of my personal space!

Maybe I’ll start spending less time on Rotorburn.com and move over to Brakepadsqueal.Com.

Or maybe not. But I do need better tires For the bitumen.

Absolutely love this bike! This is one of these bikes I’ll never sell.
View attachment 361614
It's amazing how the different kind of riding affects your body / fitness.
I can spend exactly the same amount of time on bikes a week, but if I change it up and do more road or rail trail than twisty off-road, boy do my legs know about it.
Smashing out a good 2.5hrs on the road or paths does wonders for your MTB fitness.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Fitted Uber Bike Race Matrix pads which came with reusable fin plates. A little fiddly to fit with so many pieces to line up, but a great idea. I tried fitting the pads without the fins, but they made the pistons extend too far. In 12 years time when I'm due for new pads I'll try some of their XL pads with the fins and see how they go.

I also made some Zombie stakes, ready for the apocalypse.

But Mrs George told me they weren't appropriate.

So I repurposed them to hold up some bits of wood.

If you can't go to the trails, bring the trails to you :D

Living in the country sure does suck :p

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So did a 44km ride on mostly bike paths. Avoiding roads after a car almost side swiped me the other day.

After taking the piss out of roadies on here the other day I’m starting to envy their skinny little wheels! In fact I was actually starting to enjoy the grind and burn And just wanted to keep churning along but had to get back to look after the kid.

Also found 800 bars are good for keeping muppets out of my personal space!

Maybe I’ll start spending less time on Rotorburn.com and move over to Brakepadsqueal.Com.

Or maybe not. But I do need better tires For the bitumen.

Absolutely love this bike! This is one of these bikes I’ll never sell.
View attachment 361614
Schalwbe G-One Speed 2.35" are proving decent (and blissfully light) on my currently urbanified hardtail. I preferred the Maxxis Torch tread pattern (and marginally better edge grip and feel), but the 2.1" carcass made the BB difficultly low on a bike that was already a little too low for road riding.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
He looks a bit grouchy.
You know, he/she didn't move at all, not one iota. I was a bit lucky as he/she was in the lee of a water bar on a long climb, and I wasn't really taking too much notice and when I crested the water bar, I only missed him/her by a bit over a foot, and a bit to the left I could have easily run over it at walking pace. At the time was more concerned with actually blurting out to Sue that there was a snake and she should keep riding. She is super terrified of them (spiders too) and her IQ divides by ten in the presence of either.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Schalwbe G-One Speed 2.35" are proving decent (and blissfully light) on my currently urbanified hardtail. I preferred the Maxxis Torch tread pattern (and marginally better edge grip and feel), but the 2.1" carcass made the BB difficultly low on a bike that was already a little too low for road riding.
Try the Schwalbe Thunder Burts, more grip, better bag, better volume, better puncture protection and outlast them by a mile. I have had a few sets of both, keep going back to the TB's.

Jpez

Down on the left!
It's amazing how the different kind of riding affects your body / fitness.
I can spend exactly the same amount of time on bikes a week, but if I change it up and do more road or rail trail than twisty off-road, boy do my legs know about it.
Smashing out a good 2.5hrs on the road or paths does wonders for your MTB fitness.
Yeah I’m now finding my leg strength, lung capacity and stamina after a week or so of 30-40km rides daily has improved a lot.
Ive just never considered road riding in the past because , well, it’s on the road! And they wear such dainty little shoes and sit around in cafes sipping lates and walk funny when they get up to pay the bill. :D

And usually anytime I get to spend on two wheels I want to do so on the dirt.

But definitely see the value in it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
At the time was more concerned with actually blurting out to Sue that there was a snake and she should keep riding. She is super terrified of them (spiders too) and her IQ divides by ten in the presence of either.
I hear you. If Mrs gets a good look at a snake while riding then the chances aren't too good of ever going back.

I tell her that jumping off a cliff is probably going to be a worse outcome than any snakebite that will only happen if you threaten it. Needless to say, nothing I say will make any difference.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah I’m now finding my leg strength, lung capacity and stamina after a week or so of 30-40km rides daily has improved a lot.
Ive just never considered road riding in the past because , well, it’s on the road! And they wear such dainty little shoes and sit around in cafes sipping lates and walk funny when they get up to pay the bill. :D

And usually anytime I get to spend on two wheels I want to do so on the dirt.

But definitely see the value in it.
Gee, you sound like me a few years ago. the inner turmoil is killer but you can only go so well with MTB rims and slicks.

Those big gear skinny tyred roadies are just so much easier to get up to warp speeds. I don't care what anyone thinks though, if I like to ride it then I'll ride it. I gain much more fitness in a shorter time on the roadie and always do that first after a break from riding.

Use touring shoes with spd's though. Roadies shoes look awkward for any walking.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I hear you. If Mrs gets a good look at a snake while riding then the chances aren't too good of ever going back.
Ha ha, we'd planned (ok I had in my head) to do some slightly dodgy trails, but that would have meant coming back past el-snake zone... and there was no chance of that. Put paid to my scoped ride, so we rode more fire-trail than expected.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ha ha, we'd planned (ok I had in my head) to do some slightly dodgy trails, but that would have meant coming back past el-snake zone... and there was no chance of that. Put paid to my scoped ride, so we rode more fire-trail than expected.
Warm afternoon rides should be out of scope for Mrs. I've seen a few black snake tails and she has too and held it together as long a they are a long way away. Fire trail is good enough.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Try the Schwalbe Thunder Burts, more grip, better bag, better volume, better puncture protection and outlast them by a mile. I have had a few sets of both, keep going back to the TB's.
[Edited because I sounded blunt AF] - I was talking about big-volume slicks, but never really mentioned it specifically.

The Schwalbe G-One Speed is basically a slick (it has some micro-dot "tread", but not as pronounced as the normal G-One), so not really comparable. If I was riding more gravel I'd be looking to ride some more like what you suggest, but for predominantly bikepath use the knobbies are overkill.

Not my pic, but this is the tyre I'm meaning:

Last edited: