What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got out and did some bike path / trails off the side exploring while the car was getting a service. Nice to be out again.

View attachment 362410View attachment 362411View attachment 362413
Good variety of scenery, and it would've been a good day for a cruise too.

For me - I had ordered a new laptop a couple of weeks back (bloody @Ultra Lord, you had to let me know about metabox didn't you! :p), so after receiving it yesterday and some time stuffing around with setup tonight I finally went for my first (virtual) Zwift ride.

Surprisingly to me (I'd always been pretty skeptical of it) - It is actually pretty good and decently like actually riding a bike. Strangely the Wahoo Kickr I have is far smoother with Zwift than Wahoo's own "training" app.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oldish Debonair out and new Debonair in.. Bit of a mission but I got here in the end, no need for a FW confession.. Only had a chance to ride down some stairs and muck around on the street but so far it’s pretty dam nice. I especially like getting back the missing 5-10mm that was sucked down.. Forks now actually have 140mm of travel.. Front end definitely sits higher, be interesting to see if I can feel the geo change..
It also got rid of that play at top out which I couldn’t get used too..
Proper ride tomorrow.. Be interesting to compare the small bump sensitivity compared to the older deb which was super soft in the first bit of travel..

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good variety of scenery, and it would've been a good day for a cruise too.

For me - I had ordered a new laptop a couple of weeks back (bloody @Ultra Lord, you had to let me know about metabox didn't you! :p), so after receiving it yesterday and some time stuffing around with setup tonight I finally went for my first (virtual) Zwift ride.

Surprisingly to me (I'd always been pretty skeptical of it) - It is actually pretty good and decently like actually riding a bike. Strangely the Wahoo Kickr I have is far smoother with Zwift than Wahoo's own "training" app.

View attachment 362436
please tell me you’ve downloaded some awesome games and aren’t just using it for zwift?

Total war series are very worthwhile.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Oldish Debonair out and new Debonair in.. Bit of a mission but I got here in the end, no need for a FW confession.. Only had a chance to ride down some stairs and muck around on the street but so far it’s pretty dam nice. I especially like getting back the missing 5-10mm that was sucked down.. Forks now actually have 140mm of travel.. Front end definitely sits higher, be interesting to see if I can feel the geo change..
Proper ride tomorrow.. Be interesting to compare the small bump sensitivity compared to the older deb which was super soft in the first bit of travel..
Whered you get the shaft from?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
please tell me you’ve downloaded some awesome games and aren’t just using it for zwift?

Total war series are very worthwhile.
Just Zwift for now. I do a little photography and want to get into video a little more post COVID, so the bulk processing power is more for that than gaming.

Otherwise it'd just be car games for me anyway. I've never been much for shooters/first-person shooters outside of playing a little GTA. The last war-themed FPS I played was Counter-Strike - pre-Steam!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just Zwift for now. I do a little photography and want to get into video a little more post COVID, so the bulk processing power is more for that than gaming.

Otherwise it'd just be car games for me anyway. I've never been much for shooters/first-person shooters outside of playing a little GTA. The last war-themed FPS I played was Counter-Strike - pre-Steam!
They aren’t first person shooters, they are turn based strategy game. Kinda like risk, but you play out the battles (battles aren’t turn based) controlling your army you built in the provinces you control and manage (building tech trees, income, taxes, public order etc.)

they have historical and fantasy titles, and it’s not like you have anything else to do with this lockdown.

Just......one......more......turn (nekminnit it’s 2am.

BT180

Max Pfaff

Good stuff. Keen to see your impressions. Did you do a lowers service at same time?

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Rode it about 14km, probably my biggest ride so far. Making all kinds of noises and squeaks and grinds. Time for it to go for a bit of an overhaul I think but not pumped about no riding while that happens.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why change the debonair if the fork is so young?
I didn’t like the feel of debonair that was in it (2019).. It would suck/sag down 5-10% under the bikes own weight and I could feel that top out play when riding.. Gave me the shits after coming from fox..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didn’t like the feel of debonair that was in it (2019).. It would suck/sag down 5-10% under the bikes own weight and I could feel that top out play when riding.. Gave me the shits after coming from fox..
Was this an issue with thar generation or a possible warranty type problem with your specific unit?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I see. Problem solved
Sounds like it. The previous Deb spring was a massive improvement to the original solo air spring. Plus they’re cheap upgrades at $65 bucks or so from memory. Easy to do with a lowers service.

Editors Note: Rockshox suck balls, Hilux + Fox Forks = Peak Awesome