What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Put it through the garage wall.

Was grabbing ladder out from underneath, saddle got caught on my jumpers hood lifting bike off the wall and slamming the rear wheel back into the plaster.

Have patched it but now realise the repair is a weak point and will collapse under weight so will have to pull it all apart again and put some timber reinforcement behind the plaster

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn’t notice any difference with the off the top plushness with the new spring.. Small bump was probably better too..
You think there's a noticeable difference in the ride height? My spring has arrived, but tossing whether I wait for 50hr service or just do it now.

Put it through the garage wall.
That's a bummer. Maybe put some MDF/something over the plaster where the wheel sits?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm not the hardest rider, but I've still gumbied it up and thwacked their Premium Enduro 36 (30mm int) rims into rocks real hard a few times and not had any dramas luckily, I believe their earlier non-"premium" (slightly different carbon lay-up) were a little more brittle. It's always luck of the draw though, but I have two sets and would buy again.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm not the hardest rider, but I've still gumbied it up and thwacked their Premium Enduro 36 (30mm int) rims into rocks real hard a few times and not had any dramas luckily, I believe their earlier non-"premium" (slightly different carbon lay-up) were a little more brittle. It's always luck of the draw though, but I have two sets and would buy again.
Nextie or LB?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I think I'll organise a betting racket on whether he breaks the alloy. You know how most people worry about trying a gap and casing? Not him, he's a repeat case.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You think there's a noticeable difference in the ride height? My spring has arrived, but tossing whether I wait for 50hr service or just do it now.
Yep, I can tell the difference, I think it’s superior overall. Having said that I was pretty sensitive to sag/suck down on the old spring when other couldn’t care less..

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dunno, Link-man. I've sent an email to LB asking what new model equivalent would work for me - I provided them the serial number. You got a selection?

[edit] https://www.lightbicycle.com/U-shap...MTB-bike-carbon-rims-tubeless-compatible.html this one maybe - ERD 589, spec look familiar.
I am on Nexties on a steel hardtail and 110kg so a touch tough on wheels. Admittedly at worst I’m riding blue trail and biggest jumps /drops are about 2ft of the ground. I got the assymetric rims for their strength or at least their report strength. Put plenty of K’s on them in the 4 years I’ve had them and they are sweet.

slowmick

38-39"
My biggest concern is that yes,, it can get you through a run...but have you fitted it? There’s almost no way you’re changing a tyre in a hurry with Cushcore mid race. Felix is mainly enduro focussed.
Said mate above who used to run Enve with Cush...he now runs super fancy Zipp wheels with Cush. At DH nationals last month, I think he flatted almost every practice run and also his race run. He spent all weekend struggling with tyre changes. He’s a shop mechanic.
Felix did 2x the number of runs. Dented one rim, lost air, I pulled out the dent and he was right for the rest of the weekend.
I have both a Cush and a Huck sitting here. Yet to be inspired to fit either
My only suggestion would be to put any new tyres and the cushcores on a couple of weeks before the race. You may remember i had a whinge about getting the cushcores and tyres on my rims for the trans nz (exo plus front and Double down rear). When it came time to pull them off in NZ both the tyres and the cushcores had stretched/loosened up and swapping out the wheel was no harder than changing a tyre normally.

moorey

call me Mia
My only suggestion would be to put any new tyres and the cushcores on a couple of weeks before the race. You may remember i had a whinge about getting the cushcores and tyres on my rims for the trans nz (exo plus front and Double down rear). When it came time to pull them off in NZ both the tyres and the cushcores had stretched/loosened up and swapping out the wheel was no harder than changing a tyre normally.
But chucking in a tube mid race in the middle of nowhere?

slowmick

38-39"
He'd cross the finish line with a horrible grey goo soaked winners sash.

Surely now is the time to chuck one in and give changing it a go in a fortnight. He's still riding non stop and no one is timing. They are pretty good jiggers - I've happily ridden on tyres where the pressure doesn't register on the pump gauge and I am many multiples of Felix's weight.