What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

stirk

Burner
Fixed up my son's new (old) bike. Gear shifting was not set up properly, the rear derailleur would not shift into the largest gear. Tighten up the cable and all good again but then not down shifting nicely. Turns out to be a sticky cable due to being exposed in a couple of sections.

New fully enclosed cable and an xt shifter upgrade and she's sweet. Why did manufacturers think it a good idea to have all these sections of exposed cable just to save a gram or two.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
close to having an otb, getting this guy caught in front wheel in native xc trail on macedon, found some jumps kids been working, though it goes nowhere _ I had to bush bash/walk out. The wheel is at bottom of jump for ref. The DBL I think shouldn't have a log on exit???

Attachments

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
close to having an otb, getting this guy caught in front wheel in native xc trail on macedon, found some jumps kids been working, though it goes nowhere _ I had to bush bash/walk out. The wheel is at bottom of jump for ref. The DBL I think shouldn't have a log on exit???
Nice bike.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New toy has shown up. Mocked up to see if a Niner rigid fork I bought a few years ago will work (short steerer) and all looks good. Going to run geared for now but I'll look into taking advantage of the siding dropouts and see if trying singlespeed will turn me into a craft beer sipping hippy

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
New toy has shown up. Mocked up to see if a Niner rigid fork I bought a few years ago will work (short steerer) and all looks good. Going to run geared for now but I'll look into taking advantage of the siding dropouts and see if trying singlespeed will turn me into a craft beer sipping hippy

Just go straight to ss. It’ll totally change your perspective on life, man.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Blue skies, singletrack and suburbia.....Arvo spin around the local with a few laps of the Wylde track. The view
An unashamed half arsed reproduction of my good friend @mtb1611 fine post from yesterday.
I chose to be totally unimaginative and steal all of his good ideas and most of the text too.

Even my photos look the same. Note that Sydney will be behind the hill of GHz goodness and about 40km away.

My work here is done :)

DSC_3191.jpg
DSC_3192.jpg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The big secret of ss’ing, is it isn’t that much harder than gears.
Don't tell anyone, but I've done my time on the SS train. Actually, if you count my 'ride with the kids' bike I've owned four different SS mountain bikes and two single speed commuter over the years. I feel dirty adding that up.

Can genuinely say that all but one were more fun and capable with gears. The "but one" I haven't run with gears, so that'd be why it's the exception.