What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How did you manage to pedal such an old bike to the top of the hill @Mr Crudley ? Surely you must have the latest tech and probably a motor to achieve that kind of elevation?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How did you manage to pedal such an old bike to the top of the hill @Mr Crudley ? Surely you must have the latest tech and probably a motor to achieve that kind of elevation?
I am very slow and have no shame to embrace granny gears.

Anyhow, I got bonus metres. I lost my water bottle and rode back carefully the other way. Winning, sort of.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Already have that going on with this whole "trying out running" thing. Good to know singlespeeding will only add to that issue
2 ways to avoid knee issues while SS, do 20hrs a week - or get off when the gradient gets nth of 12%, i can’t b F&’d with the former so choose the latter...bedsides a short walk can b nice every once in a while..makes u appreciate where u are

oops forgot one, ride where it’s flat, eg inland or west of the divide

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
New toy has shown up. Mocked up to see if a Niner rigid fork I bought a few years ago will work (short steerer) and all looks good. Going to run geared for now but I'll look into taking advantage of the siding dropouts and see if trying singlespeed will turn me into a craft beer sipping hippy

Interesting choice for the PMW sliding dropouts...if that was a new frame I'd have gone with the thruaxle inserts rather than the old QR versions.

I did try to replace the same PMW QR inserts for 142 thruaxle inserts into my steel hardtail but the years of riding on the spindly rear stays meant I couldn't get the two sides to line up... vertical alignment is out by a few millimetres. And I destroyed one of the new inserts trying to make the alignment happen...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 ways to avoid knee issues while SS, do 20hrs a week - or get off when the gradient gets nth of 12%, i can’t b F&’d with the former so choose the latter...bedsides a short walk can b nice every once in a while..makes u appreciate where u are

oops forgot one, ride where it’s flat, eg inland or west of the divide
I've got the flat bit down pat, kinda why I think geared works better here as it's either a ripping tailwind or a brutal headwind

And I mean it, I've got a regular 50km MTB loop that has abour 50m of elevation total lol

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting choice for the PMW sliding dropouts...if that was a new frame I'd have gone with the thruaxle inserts rather than the old QR versions.

I did try to replace the same PMW QR inserts for 142 thruaxle inserts into my steel hardtail but the years of riding on the spindly rear stays meant I couldn't get the two sides to line up... vertical alignment is out by a few millimetres. And I destroyed one of the new inserts trying to make the alignment happen...
Yeah this things a 2013 vintage, however you can source different dropouts easily enough from either Vassago or Paragon themselves

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Going the opposite way is like having a brand new trail. Just the looming chance of having a head on pours water on it.

Don't trust those frame mount bottles too much in any chunky bits, y'hear....
I can't believe people use them at all. Local teens put their portable speakers in them. Not a good use either.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I can't believe people use them at all. Local teens put their portable speakers in them. Not a good use either.
I don't like more weight on a frame but it is the price I pay for being able to use a my wanker waistbelt Enduro pack instead of a real backpack.
Loosing the water bottle is ride ruining event for me. Must have some water handy.