What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Made up a 6m long seesaw with an alloy painters plank this afternoon. Granted, I was on my errand running bike with spiky pedals and no shoes, but fuck me, I was ashamed of my efforts. Had to bail midway on nearly half of my runs. I blame the virus. Surely it can't be just a gradual decline into shitness.
Awesome eh! Got a 3m one in the backyard. It's that mind over matter thing where you just have to keep riding until it starts to drop. How high is it at the middle?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I've always found seesaws difficult. Waiting at the end for it to drop and when it does drop you're never ready for it.
Seesaws at Stromlo bloody have bloody gas strut dampers on the bloody things. Fecking eternity waiting for the fecker to drop!

There was a proper old school undamped one out the back years ago that was perfectly built and balanced, but they took it out for some reason :(

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Awesome eh! Got a 3m one in the backyard. It's that mind over matter thing where you just have to keep riding until it starts to drop. How high is it at the middle?
Less than half a meter, you know, extreme. It was more my ability to ride in a straight line for 6m which was shocking.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I had one on the front of mine and found it horrendous. It's rocky and loose here and it constantly washed out. As a rear tyre, awesome. Now running a Butcher and feel 500X more confident. Minion DHF is a nice front too
Have you ridden much around the Gold Coast? You're a little further north than me but I'd imagine it's fairly similar terrain? I'm nearly due for tyres but limited by 26".

DMan

Have you ridden much around the Gold Coast? You're a little further north than me but I'd imagine it's fairly similar terrain? I'm nearly due for tyres but limited by 26".
I'm in the Granite Belt. Lots of rocks and loose dry deco style soils. I really struggled with the aggressor on the front

DMan

Less than half a meter, you know, extreme. It was more my ability to ride in a straight line for 6m which was shocking.
That's still cool. Mine's only 3m but about 600 high on 'max' setting. I used a set of axle stands so it doubles as a jump/drop. But it's only 200mm wide.. Great fun though

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
@beeb @Mattyp @Jpez took the aggressor for a spin at macedon, left is before i went into lower leaf lover, top right when done, bottom right final fire rd descent to car..no stacks and it held up ok, more to do with the width i think rather than the tread..2.5 is a decent adv over 2.3 i think. only slid once on 2nd run, though lower leaf lover doesn’t have to many corners, certainly slick in places though..pretty happy with it as a tyre.
this weekend tracks there should b good, sunny today/tomorrow

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
@beeb @Mattyp @Jpez took the aggressor for a spin at macedon, left is before i went into lower leaf lover, top right when done, bottom right final fire rd descent to car..no stacks and it held up ok, more to do with the width i think rather than the tread..2.5 is a decent adv over 2.3 i think. only slid once on 2nd run, though lower leaf lover doesn’t have to many corners, certainly slick in places though..pretty happy with it as a tyre.
this weekend tracks there should b good, sunny today/tomorrow

View attachment 363113
Any trail disruption from the logging?