What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

The people who run my storage place are pretty switched on so I'm not too worried. And to be honest, if the big collection of classic Ducatis and gp bikes is ok, I'm sure my bikes will be fine.
That banshee legend is soooooo good!

Have you ridden the nomad yet?
Nope haven't ridden the Nomad in earnest yet. For this reason the Nomad was rotated out to get ridden and the Balance got hung up.

The current batch of bikes to be ridden are the Rune which needs to be fine tuned, the Nomad which I haven't really setup yet, and the Liteville 301 mk14 xxl 29er which I'm assembling.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Note my old spare Giant dropper thats really too long for it but better than nothing! His has also had a shorter stem and wider bars mod done to it.
Ahhhhh. I had to drop the dropper to ride it, was too tall for me, and thought wonder if it can go down a bit, but clearly not!

There's a DOTD listing for one here, it has too many digits in the price:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Oh Maldon is already rough enough as is haha. Have some beginner/intermediate friends so not sure if it's going to be bit too much (would only be doing the valley and city link). Fortunately, have a ute to self shuttle with cos a friend who only comes once in a blue moon is coming, so trying to make use of the opportunity.

Are there any other nice shuttleable trails that are not too gnarly around?
I’d say your mates will be fine. Just take it easy and they’ll get down just fine.
And there’s no pressure of a proper shuttle day so no one will come bearing down on them with a big bike at speed.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I cleared out the front, ready for 10m3 of clay soil to get dumped out the front on Tuesday...Now I can really push to try and get the pump track finished before spring..#fcukdigginginsummer

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode an ACT trifecta.

Was demoing a Stumpjumper ST from Lonsdale St.

My quicker young bloke and I rode Cotter Pines all by ourselves. Interesting place.

I then shuttled Stromlo for a run for H and met him at the bottom for a short run up and down. Set PRs nearly all the way down in an unfit state.

Then returned the demo.

Got conned into stopping at Majura which helped me remember why I’m shopping for a dually. 29er Steel hardtail hurt for the 6 km loop we did there, particularly in my current state.

Awesome day with heaps of fun 26km over three different places was also pretty good.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Ahhhhh. I had to drop the dropper to ride it, was too tall for me, and thought wonder if it can go down a bit, but clearly not!

There's a DOTD listing for one here, it has too many digits in the price:

Lol. My mate paid $400 and its in better nick than the one today.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
got out with the dog on macedon for a real short one; i always had trouble on the turner getting sag right, even with 225-230 psi sag always seemed to be 30-35%, i’m 80kg..had an old fox then a monarch rat..never that happy with the squish when pedalling

so found a real cheap coil on scumtree, dnm with N2 canister..sag sits around 30% with the 550lb spring, has a really good compression, firms it right up -not fully locked but feels like it has a much stronger spring when pedalling uphill, even though it was wet wanted to try it downhill before burners silvan meetup

’anyhow on the trails, the rear end now feels like it slides the bike around, with the air shocks it always felt like you were hitting small impacts, and the shock had a certain break pressure before it moved, even though the coil was cheap it felt much more natural - - is this how coil is supposed to feel?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
got out with the dog on macedon for a real short one; i always had trouble on the turner getting sag right, even with 225-230 psi sag always seemed to be 30-35%, i’m 80kg..had an old fox then a monarch rat..never that happy with the squish when pedalling

so found a real cheap coil on scumtree, dnm with N2 canister..sag sits around 30% with the 550lb spring, has a really good compression, firms it right up -not fully locked but feels like it has a much stronger spring when pedalling uphill, even though it was wet wanted to try it downhill before burners silvan meetup

’anyhow on the trails, the rear end now feels like it slides the bike around, with the air shocks it always felt like you were hitting small impacts, and the shock had a certain break pressure before it moved, even though the coil was cheap it felt much more natural - - is this how coil is supposed to feel?
View attachment 363886
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Rode yesterday so had a bit of bike messing around in the backyard this afternoon.

Had to wait for these non rotational washers to arrive to complete Justin Timberline's conversion to the world's only 8 speed single speed. Hey, you can only use one gear at a time so it still qualifies :)

The Alfine hub works quite nicely and isn't the hell I thought it would be to set up. All works as intended but two things have grinded my gears.

The new chain line is rubbish and you can tell it could be happier plus the cable routing under the BB is bit too rigid and looks like something Specialized would sell for loads of $$$. More fiddling to do.
DSC_3220.jpg
DSC_3222.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
35's need new seals, which I don't have, so swapped them out for the spare Mattocs. Put some Descendant cranks on with a new OneUp switch spider and 28T ring. The 301 is now ready for the burner ride next Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
You have a 301? Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
You have a 301? Pics or it didn't happen.
you've forgotten about the to & fro for sale thread that dragged on forvever -almost long enough to have its own forum, boomking was the only buyer to emerge from the pit alive -hence he got the frame

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yes an excellent ride, perfect weather and some hero dirt in some parts. @Scotty T looked like Steve Peat on the retro SpecView attachment 363866
Sorry I missed it - was all ready and keen on Friday night - woke up in the night with a sore throat and all congested etc. Went to the drive through COVID test place in the morning instead. Its all negative of course, but this cold thing has wiped me out this weekend.

The COVID test is horrible btw, thought it was just a cheek swab - nope its a throat swab and another right up your nose too. Almost wanted to punch the poor person doing it because I wasn't ready for that shit haha.