What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Binaural

Eats Squid
Got on the tubeless train at last and went for a spin at Awaba yesterday with a fresh set of Maxxis DHF/DHR with the pressure cut by a lot. I was hopeful of an improvement moving from some high rollers, but holy shit, I wasn't ready for all the grip. Hit some corners at speeds that would have had me off into the weeds a week ago, and it was amazing. Had not realised how much I was relying on losing traction on the back to make corners.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got on the tubeless train at last and went for a spin at Awaba yesterday with a fresh set of Maxxis DHF/DHR with the pressure cut by a lot. I was hopeful of an improvement moving from some high rollers, but holy shit, I wasn't ready for all the grip. Hit some corners at speeds that would have had me off into the weeds a week ago, and it was amazing. Had not realised how much I was relying on losing traction on the back to make corners.
Please tell me that you put the DHF on the rear.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It is literally that one thing all mountain bikes can benefit from.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode up Blood Rock and Black Snake Gully at Stromlo. Well, when I say rode, I really mean pushed and walked a lot of it.

Fitness and bike handling skills far in excess of what I have is required to do that climb justice!!!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Rebuilt the Ripmo wheel.

Getting good at this now, slowly & methodically. Probably at 20 wheels all up, haven't had any warranty returns :p

But dayam, wouldn't build wheels for a living (sorry to those working in a bike shop!)

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Tyres - Hans Dampffffffffff, New Grips - thinking theses tyres are okay as i start to build pace - hmmm rear brakes seems marginal ?

Well due to the wet muddy I've been riding - yeah the pads were marginal !

I foolishly went for a ride after washing my bike - so now its filssssthy again .

Fun ride tho !

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
took some cx crew mtb’ing in gisborne, mostly quite new to mtb, was a bit sloppy but they seemed to enjoy, 1 experienced guy they bought with him rocked up on a banshee prime, nice looking bit of kit - appeared to know @moorey also, i told him i wouldn’t hold that against him

nathanm

Eats Squid
Put a 28t front ring on the torrent and now I realise why people love dinner plates. The 28/42 gearing makes climbing so much easier though I'm now going to run out of gears descending.

Also managed a couple of rides including Jaynes first night ride.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Squeezed in some long over due maintenance on my bike, as opposed to everyone elses.

Retired the final chain of last year's batch, new sunrace cassette, and both chainrings. The small ring was finally showing some wear. Probably could've kept it, but I have three spares already.

Also bled both brakes. Fluid was a little dirty. Absolutely shocked at how many air bubbles came out of the levers. Curious to see if it's sorted the floating bite point the front has always had.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Got towed into some bigger local features. A few I have hit before but haven’t ridden the tracks in a few years and a couple of others I haven’t quite been able to commit to sticking the line. Was great to roll around with the Builders’s and get advice as well as encouragement to send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got some laps in & tried out some new grips (Deity Supracush). Coming straight off Revgrips highlighted how much of a difference they actually make.. The Supracush are supposed to be some of the most cushioned/comfy available, but there was a noticeable increase in trail chatter compared to the Revs I was running. They did however make the bike feel less "dead" interestingly. Now i'm not sure what I actually prefer.

Also assessed damage from my loaner having a spill yesterday, rider is (mostly) okay & recovering thankfully. Fox 32s were a secondary casualty and didn't fair very well with a twisting load, surprisingly the Hunt XC Wide wheel is dead straight still so props to Hunt build quality I guess.

Attachments