What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Headed to St Helens with Jayne for the weekend.

Rode Little Chook in Derby on Saturday morning. It's in poor condition with about a years worth of leaf litter on the trail and fallen logs and ferns blocking the trail in several spots. I loved it as I haven't gone raw in ages, but Jayne complained for 5.7 of the 5.9 kilometres then finished the trail saying how much fun she had. I will never understand women.

Did a quick shuttle of "Send Helens" at the St Helens MTB park in the arvo and had a ball. it's only short at under 4km but as usual world trail have packed so much fun in. The Torrent is such an amazing bike I literally forgot I was on a hardtail, tackling a black diamond with an XC lid and was still full of confidence and had to remind myself to take it easy as there was no assitance if i ate dirt.

Sunday we caught the first shuttle up and did Old Salty Dog. Jayne was freaked out at doing a technical blue and took a kilometre to warm up, walking anything not flat but came right in the end. She walked a few things she could have easily ridden but I was encouraging and supportive and let her take it at her own pace (I know this doesn't sound anything like me but I've taken the advice from people here and changed my approach). We both hated the 2km climb in the back half which ruins an otherwise awesome trail.

I then shuttled "Send Helens" and pedalled up to Icarus which is fast, steep and has some technical sections mainly rock rolls and is an absolute blast. Decided to drop into Shucka, not knowing what it was and OMG. It's a maniac dirt jump park with a half pipe. Now my wheels rarely get off the ground but I was in awe of what they've built in there.

The park was packed with school holidays and the opening of the Black trails but Gravity Isle shuttles were doing an excellent job with three trailers going getting around a dozen people at a time up and down without much of a wait. Looking forward to heading back in a couple of weeks and doing it all again.

check out Jayne's mad technical skills. Sitting on the saddle, heels up, body weight forward and two finger braking. I've taught her perfectly.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You must have taught to her to count? That left hand is smashing a 4 finger effort!

Good work on getting he out there. It seems only months ago that she hated mountain biking

mtb1611

Seymour
Did nothing for my bike (although I did check out some possible upcoming replacements....) however son L picked up his first mtb, his brother son C having received one for his bday a few weeks back. Of course L didn't want one at the time but one ride on C's bike and he was sold. I got lucky in regard to picking up a 2020 Rockhopper from TBSM, bikes at this price point/level are almost impossible to get hold of currently. So.....pic 1 shows L with his new steed, whilst pic 2 indicates that C has already torn his rear derailleur off! A replacement hanger is in the mail; it too was difficult to track down and as soon as it arrives we'll take our first ride together, can't wait!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Put the warranty replacement magic mary on the front of my bike.

Re-centered the brake calipers to within half a millimetre of their life.

Then I saw the news. Thank f#ck I don't live in Melbourne. Youies tomorrow.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
On second thoughts, Thursday might be the better day for a Youies ride.

Tomorrow might be absolute bedlam...

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Up at Noosa on holidays. Took the hardtail round Tewantin this morning (little loop yesterday with son) and had a great ride. Good fun tracks. Liked that a black trail (Snake) actually had a a few rocks decent little stepdown on it too.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Up at Noosa on holidays. Took the hardtail round Tewantin this morning (little loop yesterday with son) and had a great ride. Good fun tracks. Liked that a black trail (Snake) actually had a a few rocks decent little stepdown on it too.
Nice. Trailblazer is another that is heaps of fun. Blue I think with some great jumps with good landers so they'll be forgiving on your hardtail.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Tomorrow might be absolute bedlam...
Youies was quite good, tracks were damp, grippy & sky was clear. not too much traffic, I did see sneaky burner JP ditching work for 1 last ride. Some annoying person shuttling kids parked parallel with rd making it hard to ride in toward Cressy off the fire rd, nice moon set this morning. New pins which are 3mm longer worked fine, took the risk of no shin pads, skin intact..I left the inside pins orig length.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Youies was quite good, tracks were damp, grippy & sky was clear. not too much traffic, I did see sneaky burner JP ditching work for 1 last ride. Some annoying person shuttling kids parked parallel with rd making it hard to ride in toward Cressy off the fire rd, nice moon set this morning. New pins which are 3mm longer worked fine, took the risk of no shin pads, skin intact..I left the inside pins orig length.
View attachment 364702
View attachment 364703
Longer pins FTW!

I swapped the original pins on my stamp 1 pedals out for longer ones right from the start.

Haven't slipped a pedal yet. Five Tens help of course.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Rode the You Yangs today for the last time I’m 6 weeks in glorious conditions. Trails perfect, sun shining.
Bumped into Daniel ‘I don’t believe in cassettes’ Hale passing me on the fire road on his single speed like it was nothing.
Then got home and cleaned Up the work bench from last weekend when I bled my brakes. I’m sure the oil was not supposed to be this colour?!??!

bloody sideways photos

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Tewantin has some great trails. Wish I was up there. Wish I was anywhere other than Melbourne