What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Took the Spectral out for its maiden voyage. Had some issues with a loose seatpost and too soft fork which I fixed today with 20 more psi's and a couple if tokens.
It's certainly a lot different bike than I'm used to and felt like it wallows and climbed like a bit of a pig. Pointed it downhill and got an idea of what it's meant for and why I bought it.
Looking forward to getting it set up how I want it and breaking everything in properly then really putting it through its paces.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Took the bike for a holiday to Coffs Harbour, had some fun at Cows with Guns. Few slippery roots, low hanging vines and very very slippery, muddy access road. Bring your 4WD so you can get in after rain. Fun exploring in there

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Looked at them all and wished they were worth more - would swap them all for the new Transition Spur - 2nd hand is just such a rough market to sell in.
That new spur looks like it'd be a great bike. Been looking at it wistfully for a week or so.

The thing is I've got a 2018 Smuggler which is amazing, but something about that spur has got me hooked.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Went for some local exercise today. Rode tchans, first time in ages, not very muddy but slippery as. Then some laps of barge in the rain. I thought I had my bom radar timing under control, ba bum. Na, got very wet for the last 10 minutes, pffft, didn't care. Rode on my lonesome, nobody out, at all. Oarsum.

Love how much bark is off this tree.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Broke my no riding slump with two rides this week. Short, easyish on Thursday, harder today, on one of the newly opened trails near Collie. If you'd asked me how far I went I would have guessed 20km :D but according to Trailforks the legs I did only add up to 14km. I feel like I've done 50km ! Not riding for 6 months has lost most of the gains I made last year...It was fun anyway so I just need to keep at it.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for some local exercise today. Rode tchans, first time in ages, not very muddy but slippery as. Then some laps of barge in the rain. I thought I had my bom radar timing under control, ba bum. Na, got very wet for the last 10 minutes, pffft, didn't care. Rode on my lonesome, nobody out, at all. Oarsum.

Love how much bark is off this tree.

View attachment 364834

View attachment 364835
Nice, hope to be out that way tomorrow.
How funny are the puddles on tchans, look like just surface water then almost loose half the bike in them!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Broke my no riding slump with two rides this week. Short, easyish on Thursday, harder today, on one of the newly opened trails near Collie. If you'd asked me how far I went I would have guessed 20km :D but according to Trailforks the legs I did only add up to 14km. I feel like I've done 50km ! Not riding for 6 months has lost most of the gains I made last year...It was fun anyway so I just need to keep at it.
Arklow? What did you think?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Too time poor to give my bike some love and it needed the suspension looked at and serviced. Last LBS I had to the presale service on my old bike left a fair bit to be desired, so I went with a new local mobile mechanic.
Picked up from home and dropped off at work 2 days later.
Very happy with the service and can’t wait to hit some trails again after his rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Arklow? What did you think?
Yeah really good. Rode both legs of the Blue '220 Trail' which is shown as Harris River Trail and Marty's Trail on Trailforks. Checked out the jumps at the dam end of the return trail, built on the powerline rd they are pretty decent. A couple of machine built hips, table tops and berms. The rest is very natural flowy single track with some good intermediate techy stuff in several different spots. Much more depth than Pile Rd, which is pretty tame. The up and down is spread fairly evenly between the return and out legs so it's not an Up and a Down trail. Lots of shady forest, sections of gravel, soil and pine needles. Short travel bikes are ample, will have plenty of fun and there's other trails nearby (Ray's and Deadcat) so you could get a good weekend of riding out of a trip from Perth.

moorey

call me Mia
Too time poor to give my bike some love and it needed the suspension looked at and serviced. Last LBS I had to the presale service on my old bike left a fair bit to be desired, so I went with a new local mobile mechanic.
Picked up from home and dropped off at work 2 days later.
Very happy with the service and can’t wait to hit some trails again after his rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#mobilechopshop?
:p