What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another set of of laps on the road bike because I'm trying to be a good boy and not travel for riding purposes (unsure how long that will last - feel like I'm about to go postal already). By god it can get boring. Bloody windy too!
I have noticed that there seems to be a correlation between how much matching lycra one wears and how much they look like they really aren't enjoying themselves. Lots of grumpy looking cyclist around...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Happy riders hide their lycra and wear matchy socks. Stromlo looking glorious, both of us sporting socks that match our bike brands, Dave has a strong sock game and actually gifted me these ones.

We were much happier than the guy who came off on an unassuming rocky bit of firetrail (Entry to fun on Strava, forgot the actual name) and had an ambulance ride home suspecting a dislocated hip.

Personal photographer was in the house again, action shots pending.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Have done 100km of mixed trails/gravel on the Niner over the weekend. I’d forgotten how fun SS rigid XC can be.

Does need a harder gear though, it’s just tall enough for Yarra Trails-style tight and twisties but spins out at 25km/h on the flat so under ride-from-home lockdown provisions it’s comical trying to spin 120rpm on the paths/gravel to ride a decent pace.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Was going to head out to Sparrow but then decided to jump on the gravel bike and see where some roads end up. Second pic is sign from a farmer obviously sick of people riding through their property!

Molonglo - Kama - Stromlo (right out the back)

mtb1611

Seymour
Did 45km on the roadie this morn, then this arvo headed to the local (Mt Annan) with my 2 sons, both of whom recently got their first mtb's. Was our first ride together and I couldn't get the smile off my face. They're of course mastering their skill set but are progressing really well thus far. Proud dad moment? Just a tad!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Nothing because my front hub is doing something odd.

If I lock the front wheel and push forward, the wheel pushes to the left side and the rotors rub.

Cup and cone hubs btw. Do you think this is a quick fix?

creaky

XMAS Plumper

If I lock the front wheel and push forward, the wheel pushes to the left side and the rotors rub.

couple of cone wrenches should get that sorted. Bike shop should do it cheap if you take just the wheel in.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Possibly if they aren’t roached. Need some cone spanners and look up on the utubs how to tighten them.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

have you done the hub up? is one side just loose?? if no, new hub time..might as well get a new wheel, following that take mattyP suggestion

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I just need the bike to not kill me for the next two months, I'll take it to the shop and ask them to inspect. Hopefully it's a quick fix and at worst, I can find a cheap front wheel.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Clocked up about 30km of iso-riding around my local reserves, nice little hit out. Near one of them is a bit of no-man's-land bushy stuff, so had a poke around 'cos there are some teasing hints of trails..... Dead flat, but a decent size patch, got me thinking about cutting a little loop.....

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Shimmed my dropper post lever with a small washer to remove the copious amounts of play (cheap dodgy race face aeffect lever)

Might have to invest in one of those fandangle ztto levers from aliexpress that I've been hearing all about...

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Showed some old friends new trails, made a sick* edit as per the instructions

*ifht sick edit parameters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shouldn't there be some waking up or coffee to start this? maybe some soil sampling? Been a while since I've seen the IFHT vid. Looks like it was a super fun day. Jealous AF.