What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rolled around the neighbourhood with the kids which was nice, they haven't been out on their bikes in a while. People everywhere so we couldn't get up to anything too exciting. The youngest has lost all confidence in his ability to go downhill at speed (so he's kind of like his old man...)

nathanm

Eats Squid
Time for some more psi’s and thicker casing! It’s a shit go mate.
First time I've had that happen with trail tyres. I'm used to groomed "flow" trails where it doesn't matter and was earlier this week lamenting the lack of technical and raw trail.

That bit me hard today, but I'll be back again with better line choice. Was also still getting used to the canyon and the pike select forks are a lot more plush than I'm used to and was having trouble keeping the bike settled so that's something I'll also be working on.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
No riding this weekend so I finally got around to refreshing the tubeless setup and installing new valves.

Went with $3 blue anodised numbers with some orange caps. First colour anodised bits I've put on a bike since my blue Bullet Bros change tensioner in the mid 90's.

Wasn't expecting them to improve on the previous Joe's valves, but the proper lock ring (more a sleeve really) holds the valve in much better. Did a dry install on Friday night with zero sealant and by Sunday arvo it hasn't dropped any pressure.

Chucked some orange eBay pedals and orange mud guard to match. Bikes going to look amazing for this week's night ride.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Damn, nice work.
I love Lactic Acid (use it as my warm up run) but my best time is somewhere around 2:20 and for the most part it feels fast enough. God knows how I'd shave 20+ seconds off that!
Thanks!

Apparently the trick is to, and I quote, "Get off the fvckin' brakes!"

what travel bike? lactic needs a slack xc bike to b fast i thinks
Norco Sight 27.5, 140/150.

It’s my warm up run as well. Im sitting on 1.46 presently. I can hit that 4-5 times in a row but just can’t seem to gain even a second. Once you hit the pointy end of your abilities it gets harder and harder to eek out an extra second or so.
One of my riding buddies regularly hits 1.37 or so. He’s super smooth and has power in his legs. Another guy I know is a 1.32. He’s a monster though.
Faaaaaaaark.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
As I understand it, the thing with the Fox stickers is probably a case of having to protect their trademark, or risk every Tom, Dick and Harriet being able to use it. Same reason Disney have sued daycare centres with pictures of Mickey Mouse on the wall. They're not doing it just to be cvnts. It's what they legally have to do to protect their trademarks.

Not saying it's right or wrong, that's just how the law works.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
As I understand it, the thing with the Fox stickers is probably a case of having to protect their trademark, or risk every Tom, Dick and Harriet being able to use it. Same reason Disney have sued daycare centres with pictures of Mickey Mouse on the wall. They're not doing it just to be cvnts. It's what they legally have to do to protect their trademarks.

There have been a few in the bike industry I can remember,
Specialized and Roubaix;
Specialized and Neil Pryde;
Specialized and Volagi Cycles;
Specialized and Sugar Wheelworks;
Specialized and Revelate Designs;
Specialized and EverTi

There maybe a pattern in the above :rolleyes:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

They could license the trademark for a nominal fee. Same way Disney could have... if they weren't dicks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
Saturdays bike related effort.
The boy loves his bike but did pass comment it was a little yellowish and not quite 100% his favourite colour. To be fair on him I had noticed the edges of the spray pattern when I was painting it had a bit of a yellowish tinge to them. So as I needed to fix up the runs and still had some paint left decided to do something about it.
After footy I took him up to the paint shop and he helped the paint guy to tint the leftover paint to his perfect shade of lime green.

Then past a bike shop for some shift cable outer to redo the cable I had cut too short, a week earlier. He decided he wanted to help install it so we messed around with it for a little while and ended up running the cable around the headtube which solved the self shifting issue. I was probably the cause of it as I'd filled out the cable stops so he could have full length outers.

All ready for a ride on Sunday.