What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tobbogonist

a registered member
Went for a ride yesterday afternoon, amazing the difference on a weekend. Trails where covered in skid marks up and down, someone had placed a log across one of the trail entries and left huge 'x' marks in the dirt at the top of a decent. A couple of the log drop type features that have been in place as long as I have ridden up here have been removed, one visibly cut. Some corners smoothed out, some corners cut all together.
I usually smash out the same up and down circuit during the week and it skips a lot of the trail.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
They could license the trademark for a nominal fee. Same way Disney could have... if they weren't dicks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Trademark owners do that all the time. It's when people go ahead and do this stuff without making the necessary arrangements that they arc up.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Converted the eldest boys Aldi bike to tubeless with new treads, longest part was cutting down the tape as the hardware shop stuff was a little wide. Tanwall's were a bit wanky but they were on sale!

Both sealed first shot and only took a little shake to seal.... I've just jinxed myself haven't I?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got up for the Harcourt working bee, good crew, 15 in our team on trk1 & nearly 10 workin trk 3
Then few quick laps w the dog

Harcourt was packed people everywhere, riders walkers families..cops were at cafe ...checking id's I presume
View attachment 365300
Thanks for the effort yesterday!

I was one of the many that decided to head to Harcourt for a spin. Haven't been on a proper MTB ride in a few months and pretty much relegated to a trainer. But being regional and the weather primed for greatness I thought I'd give it a crack.

I thought it was quiet when I arrived as there was no one parked at the bottom. But when I got to the top I thought there must have been a race on it was so busy. Everyone parked up the top, I thought this was frowned upon?

Anyway, kept to the lesser used tracks and away from 2/3/4/5. Was a cracking day to ride a bike.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I thought it was quiet when I arrived as there was no one parked at the bottom. But when I got to the top I thought there must have been a race on it was so busy. Everyone parked up the top, I thought this was frowned upon?
Frowned upon or no, the majority of people definitely park up at the camp ground now in my experience. I still park at the bottom because I like the warm-up and being able to just roll all the way from the top of track 2 to the coffee shop to finish :D Looks like it was prime conditions up there.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Student free day, so took the lad to some pump/skate/jump tracks. He'd love it if they were always this empty.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
That looks awesome. Where is it?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frowned upon or no, the majority of people definitely park up at the camp ground now in my experience. I still park at the bottom because I like the warm-up and being able to just roll all the way from the top of track 2 to the coffee shop to finish :D Looks like it was prime conditions up there.
It's really not that far lol. I'll admit that when I'm bringing the whole family I go to the top and take a camp area and setup for the day. That way both of us can get a ride in while the other looks after the kids and the eldest can get himself around track 1 these days.

Oddjob

First two are at Mt Compass, 3&4 are Goolwa. TrailScapes built the asphalt pump track. Good fun.

Cool. I'll have to put that at the top of caravan destinations when travel is a 'thing' again. Is the swimming with tunas at Victor harbour still going?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Cool. I'll have to put that at the top of caravan destinations when travel is a 'thing' again. Is the swimming with tunas at Victor harbour still going?

No, but I think it still is over at Pt Lincoln.

Oddjob

No, but I think it still is over at Pt Lincoln.

I was at Pt Lincoln 5 years ago and it was shut because they were moving to Victor Harbour. Sigh.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I was at Pt Lincoln 5 years ago and it was shut because they were moving to Victor Harbour. Sigh.

Stick some burley in ya boardies, and flap around in the rivermouth. Something will swing by to entertain you.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grrrr. So jealous right now. How much did you pay for the Mezzer?

About $1150 shipped from Starbike. Was going to use it on the g16 but it would be criminal not to use it with that head badge on the spitty.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk