What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So many A-lines! But when did 22 minutes become a quick video?

Who is that handsome devil doin all the stunt work?

How tall are you @Minlak? That seat post looks so long!

Actual question though, why did you go for the 4 pot brakes? It could be my old school prejudice showing through here as I still think 4 pot = fr/dh action.

Minlak

custom titis
So many A-lines! But when did 22 minutes become a quick video?

Who is that handsome devil doin all the stunt work?

How tall are you @Minlak? That seat post looks so long!

Actual question though, why did you go for the 4 pot brakes? It could be my old school prejudice showing through here as I still think 4 pot = fr/dh action.
I’m 186cms and a quick video is how I click bait people into watching - quick means it was quick for me to make not for you to watch :)

I went the 4 pot as I work on the theory I can always choose to stop less but can’t choose to stop more if the brakes won’t do it - well north of 100kgs Bombing down fire road at 50km/h I like to think I might stop if had too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
well north of 100kgs Bombing down fire road at 50km/h I like to think I might stop if had too.
You are looking a lot trimmer in that vid than a few years back, well done.

If that's the brake that gives you comfort/courage on the trail, go for it

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I’m 186cms and a quick video is how I click bait people into watching - quick means it was quick for me to make not for you to watch :)

I went the 4 pot as I work on the theory I can always choose to stop less but can’t choose to stop more if the brakes won’t do it - well north of 100kgs Bombing down fire road at 50km/h I like to think I might stop if had too.
Should've gone for the "I can carry more speed for longer" angle, like I did ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s actually tougher mentally now to be on camera after losing so much weight ( and still dropping) so much loose skin now.
You could wear it in a pony tail? Or a comb over?

It must be quite a journey. What sort of impact has it had on your ride motivation and fitness?

PJO

in me vL comy
I've got a 4X frame I'm sure they will fit and look awesome on.
I'll keep you in mind Poodle. For the moment they are having a run on this frame, mainly to see if there are any issues with them that I need to fix.
I'm sure you are aware they are not a svelte fork, added the best part of a kilo to the front of the bike!
Would like to get them onto a frame they were designed for, the old man is going to turn up a streerer extension when he gets time.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I’ll put some stuff in the thread when I find it haha

Edit: @Tubbsy can you remember the thread we were posting about Cotter in?
I think this one.

Nice but short loop. There is an extension in the works at the mo.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Snapped collar bone AND they only gave him panadeine forte.
Poor dude.
I’ve only broken two, with my right side a shocking injury, with a 6 month bruise from ear to hip to wrist, every colour of the rainbow, like a marsh fly in the sun. Very serious pain. Needed all the meds. But my left side, other than the snapping feeling, so I knew it was done, really it was not so bad. Ok, I had the green whistle, but who’s saying no to that.

Heal up C29.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I fucked it up way worse than that lol. Completely missed the berm!
Was a nice ride prior to that.

Warning to anyone who doesn't want to see a big slam

So, catching up after a busy weekend. That sucks C29. You bounced up pretty quick in the video, how long did it take for the adrenaline to wear off?