What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Looked at the sky, no predicted rain so grabbed my bike and smashed out the front gate like a 12 year old hooligan. Next doors driveway I pop up off the concrete curb bit and land my on rear urban use Ardent race on the downslope of the driveway slightly wonk, which slid out on the wet concrete, bike suddenly wants to go completely sideways, I jam out a foot in one beautifully fluid movement( in my mind) and slide down to the gutter where somehow I found myself vertical again and still moving at full pace! Haha.
It would have been just a little embarrassing if I had only got to the next door neighbors driveway before I stacked the bloody thing.
Down the road from me is this weird old stretch of shops mostly abandoned. Used to service the now gone station for the Mobil Refinery. This old van ( @binner )is always parked out front and adds to the whole weird ambience of the place. The ban is parked out the front of this old butcher with boarded up windows and 30 years of dust. Locals say he still sells meat from there. Weird.
i have seen vow vans being put up for ridiculous dollars, bombs for 20-30K, mint condition some are up to 70K,,wtf

ps u forget to mention you are 4sec shy of an urban kom - cut your bars down to 520, & learn to aero tuck

Jpez

Down on the left!
i have seen vow vans being put up for ridiculous dollars, bombs for 20-30K, mint condition some are up to 70K,,wtf

ps u forget to mention you are 4sec shy of an urban kom - cut your bars down to 520, & learn to aero tuck
Dunno. I’m pretty sure the old fella that drives it has had it since new. I can’t see him ever selling it. It’s rough as guts and I’ve seen him maxing it out at 30-40kmph.

As for the KOM half the fun of snatching it away from some dude who got it on a fancy 40 front tooth chainring carbon light as air gravel bike is getting it on my old steel MTB.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Managed to pick a gap in today’s showers for a spin, yay
Pulled over for some other trail users and when back on the gas snapped the chain, boo
EDC tool saved the day again, yay
FA time left on the allocated hour, boo
Made it back just over time and found a spare link, which I bunged in with old mate Coopers pale supervising, yay

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ouch. That middle double can be a bit of a fucker, feels like it’s a bike length too soon after the corner, so you have to commit well beforehand and hit the berm no brakes to clear the gap. Have come awry there once before too when I brake checked like a dummy because of big braking holes and got bucked after tagging the top of the lander. Good ol’ Cressy’s!
I was track marshaling that section for the Cresseys Descent last year. The amount of cases and almost offs was spectacular. Impressively, there was only 3 or 4 crashes and none of them were race ending

Flow-Rider

Burner
Went to ride it for the first time this week (knee feeling much better). It had a flat tyre. Resolved. Ride about 2km...it has another flat tyre. It seems the 10c per bottle recycling initiative doesn't trump smashing beer bottles.
Time to go tubeless, heaps of those cat eye thorns over there too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Time to go tubeless, heaps of those cat eye thorns over there too.
Glass...I assume you have never ridden the street tubeless for significant amounts of time. Glass usually makes a hole a little too big for jizz to seal up and at high psi that shit bursts out very fast and very messy. I've been caught it before and I don't need it to happen again. Tube goes in the tyre, small repair essentials in the pack, annoying but swift repair that at worst puts some easily washed off grit on my hands.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Glass...I assume you have never ridden the street tubeless for significant amounts of time. Glass usually makes a hole a little too big for jizz to seal up and at high psi that shit bursts out very fast and very messy. I've been caught it before and I don't need it to happen again. Tube goes in the tyre, small repair essentials in the pack, annoying but swift repair that at worst puts some easily washed off grit on my hands.
Yeah, plenty of times, I ride to the trails occasionally 20k each way. I avoid glass areas, you always get punctures where all crap gets swept to the edge of the road, even more so after the rain.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The simplicity of Hope Hubs... forgot how labour intensive Chris King hubs were (and Tune)

Got the 'needs a service' noise yesterday, pulled it apart and got it running sweet... after 4 hours of weeding in the back garden :(

Love the sound, not the service requirements.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was track marshaling that section for the Cresseys Descent last year. The amount of cases and almost offs was spectacular. Impressively, there was only 3 or 4 crashes and none of them were race ending
I was stationed at the next section down after the shark fin. Racing the the year before and was going to this year at the Cressy 10th anniversary but it’s not to be. Sad face.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is see that you guys are also being plagued by those judder bars/speed humps, I thought it was just our local council muppets, absolute PITA things.
The only thing that’s a PIA with them is that they don’t span the entire road width or aren’t another few inches higher. All the plastic gangsters around here in their blacked out AMG’s just go straight over the top of them at race speed. Fuckers. Arrggg. Don’t get me started.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went to ride it for the first time this week (knee feeling much better). It had a flat tyre. Resolved. Ride about 2km...it has another flat tyre. It seems the 10c per bottle recycling initiative doesn't trump smashing beer bottles.
Wherever you can ride a bike, some cvnt's got there first and smashed glass everywhere.