What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
The only thing that’s a PIA with them is that they don’t span the entire road width or aren’t another few inches higher. All the plastic gangsters around here in their blacked out AMG’s just go straight over the top of them at race speed. Fuckers. Arrggg. Don’t get me started.
Ha, the ones here have all collapsed under the weight of 2.5t Euro SUVs and as soon as there's a hint of rain the fuckers turn into ice.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Loose on the 'goose with @Litenbror and Dave today. Was looking like a PR or at least a silver on Deep Creek when the chain quick link let go a few hundred metres from the finish :(

Still smashed a few flat and mildly uphill bits. It goes alright when ridden in anger, managed 5 seconds off my best on Old Duffy and 14 seconds off on DD, would have been better on DD if the chain didn't drop a couple of times.

Gonna put it back in the garage now, it just dropped the chain everywhere which shits me to tears, I might look at a tensioner but I'm really only riding it for nostalgia so probably unnecessary.

20200913_103654_copy_1152x648.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Loose on the 'goose with @Litenbror and Dave today. Was looking like a PR or at least a silver on Deep Creek when the chain quick link let go a few hundred metres from the finish :(

Still smashed a few flat and mildly uphill bits. It goes alright when ridden in anger, managed 5 seconds off my best on Old Duffy and 14 seconds off on DD, would have been better on DD if the chain didn't drop a couple of times.

Gonna put it back in the garage now, it just dropped the chain everywhere which shits me to tears, I might look at a tensioner but I'm really only riding it for nostalgia so probably unnecessary.

View attachment 367202
Bolt a 1x setup on for one last hurrah? :D

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Stromlo... the carpark and bar were packed. Out the back didn't see anyone except at the DD junction.
Mint day and no rain like it was threatening to

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the gears off it (temporarily).

Just a test for now, but the aim is to have at least one dedicated SS bike in the garage going forward (haven't decided what frame it will be with yet). Main thing I noticed - Damn, bunny hops are way easier with half a kg taken off the back axle!

Definitely needs a tensioner though (currently in the post somewhere) as the chain is loose AF!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Took the gears off it (temporarily).

Just a test for now, but the aim is to have at least one dedicated SS bike in the garage going forward (haven't decided what frame it will be with yet). Main thing I noticed - Damn, bunny hops are way easier with half a kg taken off the back axle!

Definitely needs a tensioner though (currently in the post somewhere) as the chain is loose AF!
View attachment 367209
Vote 1 whatever the stiffer frame is. Nothing like abit of frame flex when you’re getting all stompy trying to climb to give you the willies.
Or the squishier frame if you’re not riding too much rough stuff on it.

SS is fun. I want one too.