What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Can’t handle the rigid fork ol’ boy?
Ahah I like being able to swap. Have an old Pike U-Turn on at the moment but the stock spring is crazy soft and as you can imagine it’s not that easy to find replacement springs for an 11 year old fork! Unless you have one in your stash??

binner

Hath shat hymself
Benefit of all the councils in Tassie going bike crazy, there's new tracks, pump/jump areas and stuff popping up everywhere. This one was put in on the town foreshore just next to the existing skatepark - seems to be getting a lot of use, jumps are needing maintenance already. Lucky to have it so close though so can't complain!

Hah! I did have a Minion SS in 26" somewhere & considered it, but nah - just an Ikon. Park is in Ulverstone on the NW Coast, situated about 1/2 way between Latrobe (Wild Mersey) & Penguin (Penguin MTB Park, Dial Range etc). https://goo.gl/maps/fyZvabXdYWUiqpmy7
damn , i missed that park when I was driving all over Tassie last year.. maybe this Dec then if we are allowed in ...... :p:eek:

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Ahah I like being able to swap. Have an old Pike U-Turn on at the moment but the stock spring is crazy soft and as you can imagine it’s not that easy to find replacement springs for an 11 year old fork! Unless you have one in your stash??
Run them locked out :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn...I do wish I'd grabbed a set now, even though I had zero needs. The new model look awesome. Are the stanchions bigger too?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn...I do wish I'd grabbed a set now, even though I had zero needs. The new model look awesome. Are the stanchions bigger too?
Still 32mm unfortunately, woulda been good if they were a bit more beefy. Rode another two6player with 100mm travel Totems recently, difference in flex (lack thereof) was noticable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Still 32mm unfortunately, woulda been good if they were a bit more beefy. Rode another two6player with 100mm travel Totems recently, difference in flex (lack thereof) was noticable.
The skinny legs is the thing that has always held me back. Friends with them all rave...and are all skinny peeps. I'm ummmmmm robust, yes robust, and suspect the flex could be real. I thought I saw somewhere that they had upped the stanchion diameter but gone 15mm on the axle. I assumed as a way of stream lining component diverdity at the factory end, which would be a is way to improve or maintain their price advantage. But I am still emotionally attached to the 20mm axle for big...I mean robust riders.

Shortened totems are a boss look. If only I knew a suspension technical I could trust to do such work! One day I may chase this up as I've got a spare totem or two for such projects.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Shortened totems are a boss look. If only I knew a suspension technical I could trust to do such work! One day I may chase this up as I've got a spare totem or two for such projects.
You can get a new 1 1/8th steerer fox 36 831. Although I've got the tapered version and it creaks :(

sossy

Saucier
After nearly 12 months of riding to the supermarket, I prepped the mountain bikes, ready to go for some local gravel path rides. (Mel lockdown).
The Superfly got new tyres and a wash
The Stache got refreshed sealant and a tune up
The Procaliber got a sealant refresh and a wash
The Jam2 got a charge and a wash
The roadie got a wash and a tune
and the Katu got a ride to the supermarket.

PJO

in me vL comy
Shortening totems is not difficult. Just go to the nuts and bolts shop and buy some plastic spacers. I bought three to do mine that had a 10mm diameter hole and were 20mm round by 20mm long. Three cost a whole $3. Sadly the frame and fork don't work together, Totem damper controls foul on the down tube because the fork is so wide due to the 40mm stanchions.
Had to take them off and put some older M. circus on, not as nice as @Isaakk's but do the job.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The Avanti Torrent (AKA Sender 2.0) had a graze on the sidewall from old mate riding it for a bit while he was waiting for his RM seat stay that broke. The sealant was keeping it inflated but the other night while I was hanging in the garage it suddenly started hissing, and despite my best efforts putting the tyre in a horizontal position to get more sealant through it didn't recover.

Bronson (Sender 3.0) is out of action until next week so I was planning to ride Sender 2.0 this weekend, and probably next weekend depending if my other one is fixed before Sunday when we're heading to Cooma. Time for some cure-c-cure!