What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run ESI grips on the TBc & the supplied bar end caps fly off when clipping trees pretty much straight away.

Bought these on eBay ages ago, turned up today:

Yeah yeah grips are ripped but CBFd replacing ‘cause it’ll happen again.

End cap quality is good, plus construction means they should stay put.

Listing here:

If/when you need replacements, I find the ODI plastic bar plugs work very well. The colour match is pretty good too. They can be hard to find online but usually scooter stores stock them.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nice one ! I know a lot of people who swear by it.

No way in this house, too many bikes, too many people ride... squirt lube in a bottle.
Yeah, thought I'd give it a go. I had my chain off after a super muddy ride anyway so put it in some tupperware with metho, took it to work and gave it a shake everytime I walked past it.

Got home turned on the fryer. Put the chain in. Sorted.

Chain was absolutely silent on last night's ride

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Yeah, thought I'd give it a go. I had my chain off after a super muddy ride anyway so put it in some tupperware with metho, took it to work and gave it a shake everytime I walked past it.

Got home turned on the fryer. Put the chain in. Sorted.

Chain was absolutely silent on last night's ride
been liking the idea of this more and more.... what wax are you using? i guess the only downside is replacing quicklinks.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
been liking the idea of this more and more.... what wax are you using? i guess the only downside is replacing quicklinks.
Had a fair old read up on chain waxing to start with, and found some people just use paraffin wax, others a mix of paraffin and beeswax, or there is of course the branded waxes.

I just found someone getting rid of 1.5kg of pure paraffin wax so have started with just that initially.