What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
An e-bike dude once told me that he now knows what it's like to ride at XC level :D, what end up being the problem with the brakes?
I’m not sure I have fixed brakes yet just finished pulling them all apart - cleaned rotors brakes and sanded pads and reset them all -there is 100% no contact being made with rotors whilst rolling - did see pads that came in brakes are metallic - if this doesn’t work might try different pads

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’m not sure I have fixed brakes yet just finished pulling them all apart - cleaned rotors brakes and sanded pads and reset them all -there is 100% no contact being made with rotors whilst rolling - did see pads that came in brakes are metallic - if this doesn’t work might try different pads
Metallic pads might make a bit of extra noise but the pulsating feeling is like something that turns is out of true centre. At least you're still getting out there and enjoying the bike.

Minlak

custom titis
Metallic pads might make a bit of extra noise but the pulsating feeling is like something that turns is out of true centre. At least you're still getting out there and enjoying the bike.
Worst case scenario I will just fit the original rotors - not the end of the world - sell the new rotors on Facebook for twice as much :)

slowmick

38-39"
Had a couple of hours to prep my bike this afternoon for a ride tomorrow. needed to change the rear pads, give the drive line a clean and lub and figure out why the dropper isn't extending fully. got the rear pads changed, quick test ride all good. putting the bike in the stand notice the rear wheel is a bit rattily. have a play and figure out the lower pivot is shot. hopefully a just a bearing. put the bike back in the garage. will ride it tomorrow and pull it down during the week. bit deflated now, the mean time between failures is getting shorter and more disheartening.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Had a couple of hours to prep my bike this afternoon for a ride tomorrow. needed to change the rear pads, give the drive line a clean and lub and figure out why the dropper isn't extending fully. got the rear pads changed, quick test ride all good. putting the bike in the stand notice the rear wheel is a bit rattily. have a play and figure out the lower pivot is shot. hopefully a just a bearing. put the bike back in the garage. will ride it tomorrow and pull it down during the week. bit deflated now, the mean time between failures is getting shorter and more disheartening.
My NBD senses are tingling! Sucks for now though, hopefully all goes well enough for the ride tomorrow regardless!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Had a great day I’m the garage; started building my wife’s new bike; Brand X HT. Put my son’s 120mm Sid on her bike, put my 150mm Pike on his and put the new (to me) Onyx SC on my bike. Then finished lacing up the new front wheel. Thanks for the new hub @Labcanary... this front wheel was my best build yet. Radially and laterally true and the whole process was really methodical and enjoyable.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Went for a ride today and was by far the most unco I've ever been. I felt almost drunk in that I couldn't judge corners, kept getting pedal strikes, didn't judge pinch climbs etc.

I took a 10 minute break, got a PB on a climb and then nailed a rooty shute which I always used to walk down on my previous bike.

I think I will save for a Cushcore or Nukeproof ADR on the back. I really like the grip but I smacked the rim a few times when I tried to clear rocks or just got tired and had a little sit down.

Also, I really need proper MTB shoes. My last pair just died so I'm wearing hiking boots. They grip really well but they're too soft, I miss the stiffer sole.

So my shopping/Christmas lists looks like this -

1. Shoes (Specialized 2FO Roost Flat?)
  2. Rotors + Sintered Pads (Shimano RT-66 203mm + 180mm)
  3. Rear Wheel Insert (Cushcore or Nukeproof ADR)

Bloody Chromag handlebars still haven't arrived..

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I hear you Mick. I think my wheels are facing a case of galvanised alloy nipples. Pushys sent to wrong nipples. I'm hosed for now.

Back on ye olde today. This justifies N+1 bikes as long as they are all in one piece and ready to go.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I see a crack! What kind of shit dirt piles are you trying to pass off as dirt jumps? This down! Boo! Booooooooo!

Minor jealousy and envy in all shades of green.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My mate bought a Zerode Katipo. Kept it well secret so was a big surprise I didn't expect. Had a carpark pedal, pretty impressive, the silence of the drivetrain is cool. I'm not a grip shift fan, but it was so sharp changing gears. My right heel bumped the seat stay a few times, definitely less clearance than my bike.

He's not been riding lots lately, that plus the weight of the bike had me off the front for most of the ride but I'm sure he'll work hard and get it going pretty fast now he has it.

Minlak

custom titis
So rode again today after thorough cleaning yesterday of all the brakes and braking surfaces - Squeal when applying brakes at start was horrendous - Completed a long technical descent later on and the squealing stopped - then it became infrequent - then when I got home I rinsed bike as covered in dust and took it up the street to flick some water off and the squeal was back with renewed gusto - Thinking contaminated pads at this stage - Will swap pads when I get new ones - otherwise just going go back to the rt 66 rotors

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
So rode again today after thorough cleaning yesterday of all the brakes and braking surfaces - Squeal when applying brakes at start was horrendous - Completed a long technical descent later on and the squealing stopped - then it became infrequent - then when I got home I rinsed bike as covered in dust and took it up the street to flick some water off and the squeal was back with renewed gusto - Thinking contaminated pads at this stage - Will swap pads when I get new ones - otherwise just going bake to the rt 66 rotors
Or try again when the water has dried?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So rode again today after thorough cleaning yesterday of all the brakes and braking surfaces - Squeal when applying brakes at start was horrendous - Completed a long technical descent later on and the squealing stopped - then it became infrequent - then when I got home I rinsed bike as covered in dust and took it up the street to flick some water off and the squeal was back with renewed gusto - Thinking contaminated pads at this stage - Will swap pads when I get new ones - otherwise just going bake to the rt 66 rotors
What brand gusto are you using? I find anything but the genuine gusto from outer Mongolia is problematic.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Heart said MTB but I needed more km's to get a bit of lost fitness back. Didn't take the roadie but took Justin since that one makes me work harder for an extended local tour and racked up about 60k.

Stinking hot, rained a bit but still hot as.

When your frame grade of steel meets the distance marker on a cycleway then it is muy, muy bitcheeeeennnn....... Doodz...

DSC_3457.jpg