What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
This morning I visited @ashes_mtb to pick up the bars and stem he kindly offered to loan me. This evening I popped my tubeless cherry and managed to seat my first tubeless tyre ever using my old track pump. I used these instructions to partially seat the bead on each before I started pumping like a madman but I was surprised how easily it inflated .Linky No sealant yet as I going to fit this on the front to see how it fits before I decide on a front tyre. Then I put some more parts on so it started to look more like a bike than a frame and I think its time to start a PYR.
The new to me workstand is way better than the Aldi one but the horizontal clamp still slips a little if the bike is unbalanced.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I swapped my Sam Hill pedals with my old Neutrons to see if the clunking is from the pedals and they do the same.

I fear the crank arm pedal threads may have stripped (not uncommon on Suntour Zerons apparently).

I guess I'm saving up for Deore or SLX cranks.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
N+1
Picked up a second hand CX/Gravel bike. Something I’ve wanted to try for a while and couldn’t go full roadie. Apparently was a National Champs bike. So it’s been tweaked from standard kit.

Bianchi Zolder
1x11 (with a chain guide)
Sram Force Drivetrain and brakes
Some killer hub that sounds like a Hope
Running some 35mm Schwalbes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I swapped my Sam Hill pedals with my old Neutrons to see if the clunking is from the pedals and they do the same.

I fear the crank arm pedal threads may have stripped (not uncommon on Suntour Zerons apparently).

I guess I'm saving up for Deore or SLX cranks.
Check your bottle cage nut-serts... Just got a warranty possibility from #1 sons bike, the lose nut-sert has cracked the hydroformed alu, been making a noise for a few months apparently.

Dropping down tomorrow to the warranty bloke :oops: