What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Damn it was hot out, nice views though!
View attachment 369777
Also, became a YouTuber... Enjoy my new user 'Potato-Vision'! About time I started putting up some vids of my own too 'ey @hifiandmtb?

Excuse the fairly leisurely tour through the Cressy rockgarden shown in the third section of vid. Someone's repacked a lot of dirt around the rocks - which is great - but it looked very different on approach and I pulled on the anchors harder than needed! All other slowness is just down to lack of fitness (and skills)... :oops:

Luckily, I didn't repeat most of @Chriso_29er's mistakes and managed to keep my wheels mostly on the ground! (cough... Can't jump... cough...) :p

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
picking up a car in nsw so had a quik dig at falls, very xc trails, loved the packhorse climb -x2, wishing well & flowtown x2, also discharge
some lovely people have swept packhorse beautifully, could have ridden it all day except for the heat, got burnt on the arms..
1 snake on 2nd climb, could have sworn it was a green tree snake - but can’t b that far sth, presume a copperhead

had a chat to a bike packing girl after 1st run, she was hauling 40kg total on some metal randonneur-i saw her at howmans, she was close to 3:30 into the climb..i chatted to her for 500m then turned around back onto packhorse up, did discharge up top also then on way to flowtown saw her about 750m from village, must have taken her 30min or more to do the 4.5km to the top....crazy, even for my standards, she did say she was heading for nw vic but changed plans due to heat

beeb

Yeah yeah ebike but check out what Chris did today, recently-ish:

Essentially, moves impossible if not on ebike.

And thanks for the video @beeb - I've never been to You Yangs, that was a terrific tour!
That dude must be strong as an Ox! Stunning skills though.

And cheers, that's about 1/3rd of what on the hilly side. There's both some more mellow blues and much more technical tracks, depending what you go looking for - Oh and there's a fair bit of XC stuff on the flatter side of the park too. Nice to have options! :)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
must have taken her 30min or more to do the 4.5km to the top....crazy, even for my standards, she did say she was heading for nw vic but changed plans due to heat
That last ~5km from the gatehouse is pretty tough tbh, averages about 7% and is very exposed - you certainly feel the heat after the 25km previous. Took me 35 min on the enduro bike last weekend at the end of a 44km/1150m ride haha - I was fucking buckled carrying my COVID belly around all day in the sun :p Fair play to her doing it loaded up, what a legend.

You didn't ride to the summit?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Also, became a YouTuber... Enjoy my new user 'Potato-Vision'! About time I started putting up some vids of my own too 'ey @hifiandmtb?

Excuse the fairly leisurely tour through the Cressy rockgarden shown in the third section of vid. Someone's repacked a lot of dirt around the rocks - which is great - but it looked very different on approach and I pulled on the anchors harder than needed! All other slowness is just down to lack of fitness (and skills)... :oops:

Luckily, I didn't repeat most of @Chriso_29er's mistakes and managed to keep my wheels mostly on the ground! (cough... Can't jump... cough...) :p
Good start @beeb! Do I get a first subscriber prize?? :p

beeb

Good start @beeb! Do I get a first subscriber prize?? :p
Haha, you win the right to feature in my next video! (For as long as I can keep up!)

Jeez it looks hot - long sleeves too! You're a glutton for punishment @beeb
Between sleeves and sunburn, I chose sleeves. Agree with @Daniel Hale there - sunscreen only does so much... The fullface felt like an oven though, haha.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Subbed for more #Hardtailgang footage :p
Junction looks good, I missed that one on my trip out there!
I'm well overdue another Youies ride.

beeb

I really like adding Junction into the trail mix for a bit of variety. It's a bit different to the other trails in that it's a little more natural (less bermy) with a good mix of rocky bits, tight switchbacks and open flowy stuff. This time felt a bit weird though (aside from having not ridden proper trails in months) because I couldn't remember any of the lines in the rocky bits. Bit nerve-wracking when you're thinking to yourself "I think this is the ledge I need to hang right and can roll the exit out of..." but not being 100% sure! Haha. Took a couple of iffy lines, but nothing bit me so happy days.