What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
No so much what I've don to my bike yet, but I've come into a 700 bucks from some eBay sales of shit I didn't need and am wondering how it should be spent on the bike. Considering upgrading the GX mech to an x01 or an xx1. Thinking a gold chain to matchy matchy the fox factory gear. Anything else worthwhile doing to a basically new bike?

Maybe some tools?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
No so much what I've don to my bike yet, but I've come into a 700 bucks from some eBay sales of shit I didn't need and am wondering how it should be spent on the bike. Considering upgrading the GX mech to an x01 or an xx1. Thinking a gold chain to matchy matchy the fox factory gear. Anything else worthwhile doing to a basically new bike?

Maybe some tools?
What don't you like about your bike at the moment?

Brakes and / or drivetrain to Shimano...

CHEWY

Eats Squid

Maybe some tools?
Trip to Bright / Mystic

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don't know. I can definitely see a line with a much higher take off. Would be a challenging send, I think the lander is obscured and off line a little. @Scotty T should be able to confirm?
Yes the young kiddies go from the right hand side looking down, another 2ft or so and a difficult line and run in. I think it could be done as a step up, but would need to see someone do it (also the other line) before I'd try.

Goals achieved yesterday were to make a nice floaty drop and to take the landing to the left and hit the little jump that comes up fairly quick after landing.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
What don't you like about your bike at the moment?

Brakes and / or drivetrain to Shimano...
This is a good question. Nothing really. Hmmm

Also brakes are fine. Code RSC with 200mm rotors front and back. Not much to change.

As to changing drive train to shimano. Bit too much (As in things to do). Was planning staying sram for the eventual AXS upgrade.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes the young kiddies go from the right hand side looking down, another 2ft or so and a difficult line and run in. I think it could be done as a step up, but would need to see someone do it (also the other line) before I'd try.

Goals achieved yesterday were to make a nice floaty drop and to take the landing to the left and hit the little jump that comes up fairly quick after landing.

This is it yeah?

VideoCapture_20210109-145018~2.jpg

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

Another cruisy 43km river ride this morning. Quite pleasant aside from the behaviour of quite a few cycling groups.

I’m really puzzled how they expect patience, courtesy and respect from drivers on the road, but can’t provide same to pedestrians and recreational cyclists when they’re on the shared paths.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Checked put the ‘new’ additions to Cotter Pines. Nice and cool in the pine trees, definitely a hardtail kind of place.
Edit: also love how one of the trails is named after our missing mod: “@johnny Come Home”

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fixed an annoying creak that only occurs when pedalling under load standing. Turns out it was the rear axle that needed re greasing. Already removed and re greased the cranks, bb and checked the headset.
I reckon this is what's happening on my wheels. It feels like it's the pedals but I swapped those and it's still doing it. Either that or my crankset is shit (which it is).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Finally!!! A fucking ride! Made it to the local trails (glenrock lagoon) for a few push tracks and some laps of dirt lumps. Fist ride of the year and I was plenty wonky. Amongst my bag of tricks I was still able to perform some of them. I had to rummage real deep to pull out the old 1 hander! Felt good for the brief hundredth of a second it lasted. Trails and jumps were mostly in poor condition. Lots of dickheads. Life felt so normal.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yep, I chickened out today on the regular one but that is the higher line and means you hit the landing on an angle.
You will definitely get it, that nose wheelie you did that time on Pork Barrel scared me much more than this drop, and it was you doing the nose wheelie!

@pink poodle I reckon Danny McAskill and co could step up, but no way I could, looking at it in real life it is very hard with no real kick off the lander. Same with the big drop, I have a ways to go before I'd even consider it.

I watched the below while hanging in the garage this arvo and got inspired to take the hardly ridden DJ bike out into the front street and have a crack at some manuals. It's very good, I got a few tiny but nice feeling ones, I will persist as the bike feels really good when I hit the balance point. Keen to get it out on the pump track.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Took the cx bike for road ride (there was a tiny bit of gravel) then finished off the morning with a short mtb segment on it. I was a few km short of my longest ride so was looking for an extension.

Probably gonna do this once a month to keep the legs in check, the speed factor was a stack of fun, but not the same fun as single track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk