What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah, the RF Aeffect ones I have are a 8mm bolt to hold them in & it used to come loose all the time. Until I realised I was mis-reading the torque spec as 6.1Nm when it was actually 61Nm. Once I found a torque wrench big enough, it's not come loose again since.
Good luck getting that undone. I've gotten into the habit of using blue loctite liberally on crank bolts.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Good luck getting that undone. I've gotten into the habit of using blue loctite liberally on crank bolts.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, it's a PITA to get undone, but it is possible. Lay the bike down, one foot on the pedal. A 1/2m breaker bar or big torque wrench helps too.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheers guys. :) I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like the look of this one (the focus was function over form), but I'm happy with now it's come together. It's a big bike but doesn't look it.

Went through the first phase of readjustment to the 29er rear wheel last night when I gave the top of the tyre a solid kick swinging the leg over... Oops! :p
Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow

moorey

call me Mia
Your decending speed is wayyyy too similar to your ascending speed.
It’s a Runkeeper thing. Speed graphs are always up the shit. That said, they’re tight trails descending, and quick ups. I would say most of the climbs we are doing faster than 12kph

rstim

Likes Dirt
Today I ordered some new grips to hopefully colour match go with the RAF frame and DVO green knobs betterer, after trying out the old ergon GE1's over stock lizard skins decided to stick to same.
Deity supracrush in the lime green match quite well and worked way better for my big hands than the stock ibis lizardskins on my Ripmo AF.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Deity supracrush in the lime green match quite well and worked way better for my big hands than the stock ibis lizardskins on my Ripmo AF.
Have been using the Deity Supracushs for about 6 months, they have been excellent.

Had the Ergon GA2 fats before that. They were good too.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I walked past all the bikes in the shed...and past the one on the trainer in the big shed...and limped out the door. Still can't bend my right knee enough to get a full revolution...eight weeks in. First ortho consult is finally happening next week (or mid May if I wanted to wait for Medicare...)

On the upside, The Lad's bike needed some seatpost adjustment after his trips to and from the bus stop...so at least someone is getting a ride.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I walked past all the bikes in the shed...and past the one on the trainer in the big shed...and limped out the door. Still can't bend my right knee enough to get a full revolution...eight weeks in. First ortho consult is finally happening next week (or mid May if I wanted to wait for Medicare...)

On the upside, The Lad's bike needed some seatpost adjustment after his trips to and from the bus stop...so at least someone is getting a ride.
Geez, it's been a long wait for you. Hopefully things start improving soon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just got on mine to ride home...dropper cable has been a bit stiff and grabby the last few days. I blame all the rain it has been in. I got about 20m from the cafe and snapped the cable with the seat down. I made it about 300m and the rain started...the heavy rain. Now I am sheltering in front of a vacant shop. I just want to go home and sleep, but I need to fix the cable first. Today has been too long.