What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Today for my bike, I helped out the trails. 4 short tine and 2 long tine heads.

When I was in Melrose a few weeks back, I did 2 x 1/2 days trail work, a couple of the Melrose guys were very impressed with the tools I had made a month or so back, said they were light, well balanced and felt great to use :oops: I was stoked to say the least considering it was a project for my boys and I.

So they were about to purchase some tools (like I was) and offered to buy a couple off me :oops:

No way, you guys build and maintain the trail up here so I said I would make them a couple of tools and donate them.

So 2 of these are for Bike-Melrose, the other 3 are for us down here in Adelaide and 1 more for our garage in Melrose.

Was a solid 6 hours work, plasma cutting and grinding the sharp cutting edges on these, that's the last of the Hardox 450 steel plate... might buy some more just in case.

Heads weigh in between 1050g and 1120g.

PJO

in me vL comy
Did a north south mission, didn’t realise track is closed at the cabin for a couple of weeks. I walked up Lenah valley track to the springs
Ah the old clapper bridge, got it!

Where is the lander? That Huck looks massive!
There is no lander, this isn't part of the track anymore, that is the old part of the NS track after it got washed out in the May 2018 floods.
Scotty's bike is sitting on the old stone that was put across to bridge the stream that flowed down there (mostly it flowed underground). During the floods a new (massive) channel was carved next to it. The photo is taken from inside the channel. Just shows how devastating those floods were, big enough to rip a 3m deep channel.

Scotty675

Cable thief
As @PJO said it was the old track. It is quite a drop. I actually nailed it badly after the floods. I rode up to have a look. For some stupid reason I thought it was a good idea to carry my bike down to continue up the mountain. I had my bike in one hand and the other to balance me. Lost my footing and dropped to the bottom. Luckily (but unluckily) I landed on the front wheel of my bike. Destroyed Stanchion dented and gouged. Crapshima isn’t that tough after all. Cut the ride short after that and rode home.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Been a bit quiet on here recently, with not many meaningful changes to the sled for a while. Also coming back from a broken wrist after axing myself at the bike park a couple of months ago, so not much riding going on! Anywho, what better way to fill in the time when injured, than to spend $$ on upgrades!

Just took delivery of the new Cascade AM29 link. Promises a 5mm bump in travel, increased progression, bottom out resistance, mid-stroke support and better small bump tracking. That's a lot of claims, so looking forward to fitting it and seeing if it delivers on all those promises. At the end of the day I run a coil, so this should at the very least make the bike better suited to that.

moorey

call me Mia
Been a bit quiet on here recently, with not many meaningful changes to the sled for a while. Also coming back from a broken wrist after axing myself at the bike park a couple of months ago, so not much riding going on! Anywho, what better way to fill in the time when injured, than to spend $$ on upgrades!

Just took delivery of the new Cascade AM29 link. Promises a 5mm bump in travel, increased progression, bottom out resistance, mid-stroke support and better small bump tracking. That's a lot of claims, so looking forward to fitting it and seeing if it delivers on all those promises. At the end of the day I run a coil, so this should at the very least make the bike better suited to that.View attachment 374623
Every second post on their Facebook group page is about the cascade. Every single person agrees....which makes the jerk in me put it down to drinking the kool aide and psychosomaticlly feeling the difference. Keen to hear your thoughts.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Every second post on their Facebook group page is about the cascade. Every single person agrees....which makes the jerk in me put it down to drinking the kool aide and psychosomaticlly feeling the difference. Keen to hear your thoughts.
Yep, I've noticed that too. It's not cheap, so not surprisingly people wouldn't want to admit to it not working.

The rocker is pretty similar in dimensions, just the shaping and location of the yoke bolt location being the main differences.

Biggest change is in the increased yoke length.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope. Doesn't change static geo, just wheel position at full bottom out. They recommend going up a spring rate also to account for the new leverage curve. Previously my 500lb spring only gave about 20-25% sag. Now with this installed it's at 40%! Will probs have to go up to a 550lb.

View attachment 374631
The red looks fantastic, matchy matchy - love it. Curious to see how you feel re differences, how much did you pay for shipping out of curiosity?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Does look lovely.

I do find it typical that a frame manufacturer could screw up the travel, progression, bottom out resistance, mid-stroke support and small bump tracking. They really don't have a bloody clue.

BT180

Max Pfaff
The red looks fantastic, matchy matchy - love it. Curious to see how you feel re differences, how much did you pay for shipping out of curiosity?
I convinced a mate of mine to buy the Process 153 linkage, so we split shipping, but it was $78 USD in total. This wasn't a cheap exercise, so expecting noticeable results!

Does look lovely.

I do find it typical that a frame manufacturer could screw up the travel, progression, bottom out resistance, mid-stroke support and small bump tracking. They really don't have a bloody clue.
Amazing there's a market for this stuff and there's so many bike that can apparently be improved. I guess frames are just like suspension - there's a tune to suite the masses but there's also room for the tinkerer to improve things to their taste.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Does look lovely.

As long as they get the froth right it's all good.