What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Had a rather unpleasant ride.

• I don’t mind night riding.
  • I don’t mind heavy rain.
  • I don’t mind the bitter cold.
I can get into any of the above 2.

Had to face all 3 tonight. I dealt with it.

Then heavy fog descended.

Then my helmet light started to play up, needing to be banged to get it to work

I had a rather unpleasant ride tonight.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Had to face all 3 tonight. I dealt euth

No Bunyip sightings?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I finished (brake issue aside) assembling my new bike. I am pleased with the outcome and it has only taken a few months this time. On this first ride it has felt a bit wierd being back on a snappy short framed bike again after riding the Scout so much for so long. I will hopefully get it onto some dirt soon.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Had to face all 3 tonight. I dealt with it.

Yeah smacking yourself in the head as you’re riding along can’t have been too much fun. But would have been funny to watch!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I couldn't stay inside any longer, ribs be damned!

I'm sticking to easy blues and walking some higher effort parts but my dog it feels good to go for a real ride!

This DHF feels so much more planted, mayhe an Assegai next time?

In other news I accidentally took the crashed lid, pray for me..

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished building this, sort of, on Sunday. Took it out for a test run which went well but some of the lines needed to be shortened. I have done that now so the bike is finished; well, are they ever really finished? The front of the head tube still looks like the back of my television but it all works.

First bike, not counting tear downs and rebuilds, I have built in about 25 years. I am happy that only a few major parts had to be purchase new (frame, fork, brakes and seat post). All the rest is off old bikes or swapped for. With sale of old or unused parts I built it for about half the cost of the cheapest stock bike with better parts. I can provide a break down later if anyone is interested.

Hopefully will get out about 7:30 am tomorrow for a ride from my place in Lenah Valley up to near the junction of the North South track from Kalang fire trail and the Glenorchy down hill track to come down the N/S and ride around the jumps. Might even finish in time to go to work.

All with the approval we all crave and rarely receive. That's another story on it's own!

Attachments

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just finished building this, sort of, on Sunday. Took it out for a test run which went well but some of the lines needed to be shortened. I have done that now so the bike is finished; well, are they ever really finished? The front of the head tube still looks like the back of my television but it all works.

First bike, not counting tear downs and rebuilds, I have built in about 25 years. I am happy that only a few major parts had to be purchase new (frame, fork, brakes and seat post). All the rest is off old bikes or swapped for. With sale of old or unused parts I built it for about half the cost of the cheapest stock bike with better parts. I can provide a break down later if anyone is interested.

Hopefully will get out about 7:30 am tomorrow for a ride from my place in Lenah Valley up to near the junction of the North South track from Kalang fire trail and the Glenorchy down hill track to come down the N/S and ride around the jumps. Might even finish in time to go to work.

All with the approval we all crave and rarely receive. That's another story on it's own!
Very nice build! FYI - those bars look like are rolled back waaaaaaay too much though.