What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
A most unfortunate accident on the outing with @HamboCairns this morning. JRA, a fallen tree on the inside of a slight turn with a root poking out at handlebar height, didn't even see it. The root went under my watchband and twisted my forearm into the tree making a 2cm deep indemt momentarily before it swelled up.

I don't think it's broken, but not being a doctor or having x-ray vision i'm at Cairns hospital to get it checked. Can't believe the warchband didn't break! Hambo has a pic of the root and the immediate aftermath, here's what it looks like now. Unlucky AF. Glad I wasn't fanging it, was a pretty low speed crash.

Hopefully after Hambo sends the pic the trail faeries will go sort it out. Fuckitty fuck etc.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Riding with @HamboCairns tomorrow as we're in Cairns on holidays, will be on an Orbea Wild FS e-bike. As previously discussed Hambo doesn't have enough bikes therefore can't loan me his spare full suspension high end rig that doesn't exist, so I had to hire an e-bike since normal bikes for hire are not a thing anymore.
A most unfortunate accident on the outing with @HamboCairns this morning. JRA, a fallen tree on the inside of a slight turn with a root poking out at handlebar height, didn't even see it. The root went under my watchband and twisted my forearm into the tree making a 2cm deep indent momentarily before it swelled up.

I don't think it's broken, but not being a doctor or having x-ray vision i'm at Cairns hospital to get it checked. Can't believe the watchband didn't break! Hambo has a pic of the root and the immediate aftermath, here's what it looks like now. Unlucky AF. Glad I wasn't fanging it, was a pretty low speed crash.

Hopefully after Hambo sends the pic the trail faeries will go sort it out. Fuckitty fuck etc.

View attachment 375418
I feel terrible as they're the trails I ride all the time and I was the one showing you around.

I hope it's not serious and you can continue your holiday!

I will send the photos and request they put some tape across the entrance to the trail as it's blocked by a tree anyway.

HamboCairns

Ok the trail crew have been notified and Parks will be doing something about it this Friday.

Also, bunting has been put across multiple times but for some reason, riders keep ripping it down. Chunts! It doesn't even go anywhere!!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
By all rights he should have but I let him have a go on mine beforehand. The two things are not related.
Yeah it was a great ride up to that point and for the very short bit of trail I rode on Hambo's bike it felt fun and fast.

I'm sure you're not the only one thinking that...
Unfortunately I bent his rear disc a little, so that holds true. But I also can confirm the bike would benefit more from a new fork than new wheels. The frame is bloody awesome.

The ebike was definitely too small (they only had a large) but I was surprised I could chuck it off the bumps pretty easily with the weight. The pedals were cheese, Hambo's felt very good compared.

Also feels like his crank issue is the spindle/crank interface. Once he obtains more pink bits it will be heaps faster guaranteed. Or at least look heaps faster :D

HamboCairns

Yeah it was a great ride up to that point and for the very short bit of trail I rode on Hambo's bike it felt fun and fast.

Unfortunately I bent his rear disc a little, so that holds true. But I also can confirm the bike would benefit more from a new fork than new wheels. The frame is bloody awesome.

The ebike was definitely too small (they only had a large) but I was surprised I could chuck it off the bumps pretty easily with the weight. The pedals were cheese, Hambo's felt very good compared.

Also feels like his crank issue is the spindle/crank interface. Once he obtains more pink bits it will be heaps faster guaranteed. Or at least look heaps faster :D
It will certainly crash with more style..

I slapped a spare rotor on the back and all is well. This place has changed me..