What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The VAM is up there in TDF territory.

It's a French or Italian phrase which converts to English as Vertical Ascent Meters (metres climbed per hour)
Impressive.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
18% average climb over 6km
The VAM is up there in TDF territory.
Who knows, it may be BS… I’m just using Wahoo on my iPhone with a Wahoo HR chest strap.

I was pushing hard, for me… and was toast when I got home. This morning I only did spinning on the trainer for 10 minutes, ha ha. Couldn’t face maximum effort at all.

But I’ve got a Garmin watch in the mail, so I can check to see if the stats are good or not.

Still lucky to have my local though.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Who knows, it may be BS… I’m just using Wahoo on my iPhone with a Wahoo HR chest strap.

I was pushing hard, for me… and was toast when I got home. This morning I only did spinning on the trainer for 10 minutes, ha ha. Couldn’t face maximum effort at all.

But I’ve got a Garmin watch in the mail, so I can check to see if the stats are good or not.

Still lucky to have my local though.
Regardless, good ride on a sweet bike.
I know my Runkeeper plays funny buggers some times. Will show 1200m at the end of a ride, I close it and reopen and it calibrates down to more like 700-800m
Or you might have just done a kick arse ride.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I know my Runkeeper plays funny buggers some times. Will show 1200m at the end of a ride, I close it and reopen and it calibrates down to more like 700-800m
Yeah, I smell a rat too, so I had a dig around.

I've got a new iPhone SE... and both rides with it, say +1100m.

With my old iPhone 6S... out of a sample size of 15 rides... 8 were +600m, 4 were 500m, 2 were +700m and 1 was 489m.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure the clock is right, and 59.04 is my fastest time ever on that loop... so that's good... not that it matters. But my calves are still sore.

It will be interesting to see what the Garmin says.

Not that I give a rats about the stats... I'm only getting the Garmin to keep a constant eye on on my AFib.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I only use an app to track my rides for personal interest. No fucks about anyone else.
Still very solid climbing for a short distance on a big bike. The process isn’t bad, but more of a descender.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well, at least I'm pretty sure the clock is right, and 59.04 is my fastest time ever on that loop... so that's good... not that it matters. But my calves are still sore.
1127m/hr VAM on a Kona Process.

Team Sky-Ineos wants your number :)

I got dressed for work as a tear rolled down my cheek while in the midst of lockdown with probable extension. I arrived at work whimpering at the fact that closest downhill from me is 6km's away and i am only 'permitted' to travel 5. My bike is clean, my gear is ready to go, i have a leave pass from the wife. I just need this damn lockdown to be over so i can get my fix.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Bought some old 2010 Avid Elixir 5 Brakes back to life. Picked them up for a tenner of Lucaw then rummaged through the depths of my spares box to find some clamps which is a challenge in itself these days as there over $20 each. Even managed to find a set of brand new pads, some 1/2 used ones plus some aliexpress stealth-a-majigs to fix the cut hose.
Despite the levers being pretty flogged with a bunch of laterally movement and they squeak like a tonkinese cat with its tail caught in a door (shout out to riley's mum) they'll go alright on the Rival frame I'm doing up as a charity build, if I can find some forks for it.