What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm placing an order with MTB Direct for -

Giro Tremor MIPS helmet
Seven 7 iDP Kids Transition Knee Pads
Deity Deftrap pedals

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode the big Banshee Titan again yesterday, old mate broke his hand again, running into a concrete pole on his commuter, so I have it on loan for a few more weeks. Stromlo is still leaking like a sieve, so much mud for me to hate, @Litenbror I'll definitely need that fork mudguard now, the Banshee has one so no hurry :)

I suffered up the hills, it's a big thing to haul up, Minions and Zebs. It has those huge Pedalling Innovations platforms, I'm not 100% sold. Firstly the inner part of the pedal is very close to the crank, I found my right foot particularly wanted to creep out off the inner pins, my right foot does this on most flats, however that tiny bit of extra axle on normal pedals means I mostly still have contact on the inner pins. The pins are also pretty small, and I hit a couple of techy bits which bounced my foot off. Haven't had an issue when feet are planted and descending as the surface area with 18 pins gives enough grip and loads of stability.

They are quite comfortable to ride uphill with and give you a different feeling, I am still working out exactly where to place my foot for climbing but it's definitely a little bit further forward than normal pedals. That combined with the steep seat tube putting the pedals right under me makes it a very different feel to my old Bronson.
Interesting to hear about the climbing manners. I've read it's a hefty piece of kit to drag uphill.

Is it just weight, suspension kinematics or too much sag? The STA is certainly steep enough to help get it uphill.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Interesting to hear about the climbing manners. I've read it's a hefty piece of kit to drag uphill.

Is it just weight, suspension kinematics or too much sag? The STA is certainly steep enough to help get it uphill.
Weight and rolling resistance, compared to the Bronson with my lagging fitness. The STA puts you right in the cockpit so it goes nice through techy stuff, the first time I rode it I was a little bit fitter and managed all the tight lines on the main Stromlo climb way easier than I thought I would with it being such a long slack thing. The suspension doesn't bob around much, if you are someone who climbs to descend I think it's a great bike, but I think I'd do more shuttles if it was my only bike.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Don't you just love it when your neighbour has gone for a long ride & sends you a photo when you are tied up on a concall:

Explaining narrow-wide via SMS was problematic, as was pulling back on the derailleur to allow chain reseating slack. No fucking way was I going to explain releasing the clutch!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So ,I haven’t ridden any bike in June , it’s cold , I’m miserable and Whiney

So I look at buying parts for bikes I don’t ride …. Nil Stock !

Would ride my motorbike , but it’s cold …. geez I’m glad I work from home , dogs do like walks tho !

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't you just love it when your neighbour has gone for a long ride & sends you a photo when you are tied up on a concall:

View attachment 377300

Explaining narrow-wide via SMS was problematic, as was pulling back on the derailleur to allow chain reseating slack. No fucking way was I going to explain releasing the clutch!
Should such a rider have Early Learning Centre classes before riding without supervision? :D:eek:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

View attachment 377300

Pray you never have to explain the concept of round peg/square hole to him...

#freebritney

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Finally got out for a night ride. Tad cold and the young bloke still spends most of the time spotlighting possums in the tree tops. Good to get out tho.

Why is it that he always manages to have a loose cassette? Riding along and heard the thunk thunk sound.

Get it home (after after sitting on tenterhooks for the ride waiting for the cassette to fail) and tighten it about a 1/4 turn.