What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
For the last few weeks I haven't been 100% comfortable on the bike - I felt I was being pitched forward and I was effectively pushing back on the bars and I've also started feeling a bit cramped cockpit wise.

So this morning I read up a bit on bike fit and adjustments and did the following -

Removed a spacer from below the stem
Angled my brakes upwards a little more
Moved my brakes and levers in board a bit more
Moved my saddle back a bit and angled backwards a few degrees
Lowered my seatpost a little bit

Wow what a difference! I haven't taken it on the trails yet but I did a quick field run and it feels so much more natural :)

Now to fix that wobbly wheel.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
For the last few weeks I haven't been 100% comfortable on the bike - I felt I was being pitched forward and I was effectively pushing back on the bars and I've also started feeling a bit cramped cockpit wise.

So this morning I read up a bit on bike fit and adjustments and did the following -

Removed a spacer from below the stem
Angled my brakes upwards a little more
Moved my brakes and levers in board a bit more
Moved my saddle back a bit and angled backwards a few degrees
Lowered my seatpost a little bit

Wow what a difference! I haven't taken it on the trails yet but I did a quick field run and it feels so much more natural :)

Now to fix that wobbly wheel.
Glad to see you went all pro and only changed one thing at a time ....

tobbogonist

a registered member
Lost the largest chain ring from my hardtail during the move. Was putting the bike back together and realised I couldn't get the middle chainring to hold without the large chainring in place.
I want to get it up and running so I can ride out to the waterfall from home.
Took the angle grinder to a couple of washers then drilled them out larger this morning everything fitted together.
Going to sit down this evening and figure out my brother's 3d printer to add a chain guide.
If it works I will post a photo here. If it doesn't.. well there is a thread for that.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Lost the largest chain ring from my hardtail during the move. Was putting the bike back together and realised I couldn't get the middle chainring to hold without the large chainring in place.
I want to get it up and running so I can ride out to the waterfall from home.
Took the angle grinder to a couple of washers then drilled them out larger this morning everything fitted together.
Going to sit down this evening and figure out my brother's 3d printer to add a chain guide.
If it works I will post a photo here. If it doesn't.. well there is a thread for that.
@Plankosaurus, did you make a ghetto chain guide/bash ring out of an old plastic chopping board?