What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Aren’t they just a re badged 511? I’ve got an older version and it’s held up to some fair abuse and still rolling. Dents and wonks galore and 2 new spokes but never done that!
Fine effort.
Thats what I thought and why I bought it, maybe they have changed the rim spec recently.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm aiming to convert my daughter's wheels to tubeless which is likely to be a nightmare - 24" non-tubeless OEM tyres on non-tubeless OEM rims (they've been taped up at least!), what could go wrong?

If it doesn't work out then I'll convert my wife's bike instead as I don't want these Stans Schrader valves to go to waste!

BT180

Max Pfaff
I managed to snap my coil shock! Apparently not that uncommon on bikes with yoke linkages, such as my Meta, Levo and Kenevo. Fox even recently recommended coils not be fitted on them - https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1138

Emailed Cascade and they reckon their link wouldn't have contributed to an increase in the likelihood of it breaking. hmmm

So i'm back on air for the moment while I decide if i can stump up for an EXT or an Ohlins, as these shocks have thicker shafts.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Aren’t they just a re badged 511? I’ve got an older version and it’s held up to some fair abuse and still rolling. Dents and wonks galore and 2 new spokes but never done that!
Fine effort.
My 511 just turned up today, if they are the same that's not promising

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Aren’t they just a re badged 511
Pretty sure the EX1700 is the 511/350 build, the 1900 uses a 370 hub and a cheaper sleeve-joined rim, not sure what other differences there are in the rim build though.
I managed to snap my coil shock! Apparently not that uncommon on bikes with yoke linkages, such as my Meta, Levo and Kenevo. Fox even recently recommended coils not be fitted on them - https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1138
Dang, was just talking about this the other day. Major shortcoming of frame designs that rely on the shock as a structural element. Will RS warranty the shock or do they have a similar non-compatibility declaration as Fox?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Pretty sure the EX1700 is the 511/350 build, the 1900 uses a 370 hub and a cheaper sleeve-joined rim, not sure what other differences there are in the rim build though.
Dang, was just talking about this the other day. Major shortcoming of frame designs that rely on the shock as a structural element. Will RS warranty the shock or do they have a similar non-compatibility declaration as Fox?
Ah gotcha. I’ve got the ex1700. I’ve been impressed!
BTW, thanks for UBERing the trainer over! Much appreciated!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
DT E532 is the rim used in the E1700s (and E1900s I'm pretty certain). Decent rim for the price ($80 - $120) when I've cooked it via user error o_O.

Difference between them is E1700 uses 350 18t Ratchet hub and E1900 uses 370 3 pawl hub... both use cheese nips.

EX1700 is 511 as mentioned above.