What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I managed to snap my coil shock! Apparently not that uncommon on bikes with yoke linkages, such as my Meta, Levo and Kenevo. Fox even recently recommended coils not be fitted on them - https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1138

Emailed Cascade and they reckon their link wouldn't have contributed to an increase in the likelihood of it breaking. hmmm

So i'm back on air for the moment while I decide if i can stump up for an EXT or an Ohlins, as these shocks have thicker shafts.

View attachment 379276

View attachment 379277
That sucks mate. That's a decent effort breaking one of those.

Are all the linkage bearings running free?

PJO

in me vL comy
Ordered this chainring from a Polish component company called Alugear.
49 euro free shipping with a promised 3-5 day delivery.
Sure enough Fed Ex rolls up on the 5th day.
So quite a bit cheaper than a RF chainring, machining seems nice. And it was cheap. Win win. View attachment 379249
Good find and great timing, I'be been looking for a 28t 94bcd chainring and lo and behold they have one in about 6 different colours!
Was going to get a blackspire one from Bike24 which is 40 euro but then the postage is 30 so wasn't worth it. This is a better option, thanks!!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Dang, was just talking about this the other day. Major shortcoming of frame designs that rely on the shock as a structural element. Will RS warranty the shock or do they have a similar non-compatibility declaration as Fox?
Not that I've seen, but i'm 2nd owner on the shock without a receipt, so warranty will be a miracle. Will tray and track down original owner and see if they have a receipt. Best I can do really.

Not the best design. Explains why Commencal originally specced bikes with coils when the AM29 first came out, but then in the next update none of the build options had coil. I always thought it was because it didn't really work with the geo, but now thinking they had too many reports of broken shocks!

That sucks mate. That's a decent effort breaking one of those.

Are all the linkage bearings running free?
Wasn't even off a big drop, but was at speed and I turned immediately upon landing to avoid a rock, so I reckon that sudden side load upon compression is what did it. Yoke and linkage bearings were all sweet as they were removed and re-greased when the Cascade went in. I have since noticed play in the main pivot bearings though. Have ordered some new ones for that

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Not that I've seen, but i'm 2nd owner on the shock without a receipt, so warranty will be a miracle. Will tray and track down original owner and see if they have a receipt. Best I can do really.

Not the best design. Explains why Commencal originally specced bikes with coils when the AM29 first came out, but then in the next update none of the build options had coil. I always thought it was because it didn't really work with the geo, but now thinking they had too many reports of broken shocks!

Wasn't even off a big drop, but was at speed and I turned immediately upon landing to avoid a rock, so I reckon that sudden side load upon compression is what did it. Yoke and linkage bearings were all sweet as they were removed and re-greased when the Cascade went in. I have since noticed play in the main pivot bearings though. Have ordered some new ones for that
Is there much a difference in the yoke length between standard and the Cascade?

A quick google didn't come up with a plethora of posts about broken coils on Commencal's...not like people are quiet about those shenanigans (or maybe I'm no Hambo at googling)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Good find and great timing, I'be been looking for a 28t 94bcd chainring and lo and behold they have one in about 6 different colours!
Was going to get a blackspire one from Bike24 which is 40 euro but then the postage is 30 so wasn't worth it. This is a better option, thanks!!
No problem!
And you’ll get it 5x quicker too! Just looking at it it looks really well machined so happy days. I was looking around and was horrified at the prices especially at MTB ‘we’re gonna price gouge’ you Direct and remembered I’d seen one on a Pink Bike sexiest bike thread or somewhere.

Reactions: PJO

CHEWY

Eats Squid
DT E532 is the rim used in the E1700s (and E1900s I'm pretty certain). Decent rim for the price ($80 - $120) when I've cooked it via user error o_O.

Difference between them is E1700 uses 350 18t Ratchet hub and E1900 uses 370 3 pawl hub... both use cheese nips.

EX1700 is 511 as mentioned above.
Good info, cheers