What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Holy shit. Last week I pulled up just in time to avoid a pretty fat tiger snake. Was on a bike path so saw him in time. Got a couple of pics of him. Just then I’m charging along some overgrown single track along the creek and see a small to medium sized snake at the last second. No time to react, no time to bunny hop. Just straight over the bugger. Screaming out shit shut shit!!
Turned my head to see him diving in the grass.
NeRly had a heart attack. Holy shit. I’m rattled.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just then I’m charging along some overgrown single track along the creek and see a small to medium sized snake at the last second. No time to react, no time to bunny hop. Just straight over the bugger. Screaming out shit shut shit!!
You need the technique where your feet leave the pedals and instinctively swing up to meet your earlobes.
I haven't practiced is but have a load of faith in myself that I can do it with ease if I run over a danger noodle.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You need the technique where your feet leave the pedals and instinctively swing up to meet your earlobes.
I haven't practiced is but have a load of faith in myself that I can do it with ease if I run over a danger noodle.
No time! All happed so quick. Then I bump into @Mattyp who warns me about a magpie I’ve met before in the direction I’m going. Thought I’d gotten through the danger zone and started to breathe again and wham! Right between the shoulder blades once! By the time I stopped screaming like a girl and pedalling like mad I look around and the little prick is sitting up on a branch staring at me and I assume feeling pretty good about him self!
Bloody hell. Bike paths are more dangerous than DH!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
What doesn't help is on that frame the blues are very light and very dark too. Keep it going though, blue looks great on those!
Yeah, the grips/pedals and fork decals all match pretty well, this is a bit different, as is the compression switch. Worst case I flip is inside out and have it showing black, which'll match the rear fender @Isaakk has made me up anyway

tobbogonist

a registered member
Haven't been online for a while, not much coverage up here. Been off grid for 6 weeks. Finally approached the point where every day isn't filled with frantically doing stuff to make it livable/sitting in the bus watching the rain.
Today I grabbed the shovel and headed up the hill to carve out my first trail.
5 hours later I am upside down in a bush quickly realising I've been watching too many MTB videos on YouTube and am not Danny fucking mackaskill.
Going back sat to open up some of the turns and add b lines around some of the drops. Mud is everywhere. Wet roots be slippery. Going to focus on putting in an easy going loop for fitness. Closest real trails to me are about an hour and a half drive.
I would add photos but it takes long enough getting the page to load as it is.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Fox 38 fork complete. Bushings burnished. Damper fettled. Smashpot fitted. Fully serviced with fresh Motorex. 2.8kg lol. Hopefully get out and test it later today.

I've been running the new DVO Onyx fork and I've been really impressed with it and I would probably go as far as saying it's my preferred air fork so far. I don't think they are available in Aus yet, I bought it from Jesse at DVO NZ. He did a stellar job building the fork right out of the box. Bushings sized properly, damper bled well and basically made the fork work at it's best prior to it leaving his shop. It has a level of compliance that the Mezzer hasn't which I really appreciate. Progression with 5ml of oil above the air piston is just about spot on, stiffness of the chassis with correctly sized bushings has the fork sliding beautifully even when heavily loaded....not much to complain about really.

The 38 experiment only came about as I couldn't sell it for a suitable amount of money and fucked if I was giving it away for what people were offering so here we are...

Attachments

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've been running the new DVO Onyx fork and I've been really impressed with it and I would probably go as far as saying it's my preferred air fork so far.
I'm stoked with the performance of my Onxy... so much adjustability and I have not moved it from the recommended factory (and YouTube) settings. Really should have a play but happy where it is. ;)