What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the shock off the big bike as it was playing up , whistling like a very enthusiastic window cleaner on a spring day. Sent that off to the shop who will no doubt have to send it to Cyclinic. Hopefully not too long to wait given freedom is mere weeks away in VIC.

So I got back out on the Prime after having the forks looked at, Suntour Durolux RC2 36. The damper was playing up with some cavitation and no LSC.

One bleed later, (done a week ago) and set them back up and the whole bike is feeling beautiful. So good in fact I must remember not to touch or twiddle anything!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Took it easy this morning and had a sleep in. Hadn’t lubed the chain on the Niner last week after cleaning it post mud fest so thought I better do that… hmm. Cranks not spinning so well (read: at all).

What I found in the bb shell o_O:oops:

Needless to say bb was toast. Gave it a quick clean and luckily had a spare bb to chuck in. Went and got my second AZ shot then went for an afternoon spin on the Yarra trails/paths. Nice weekend.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Got home from our Green Island getaway, did some laundry, cleaned the house, and then smashed out 26km on the bike to bring my charity ride total to 204km which leaves 296km to go!

I'm definitely feeling better on the bike, more stamina, freer spinning motion if that makes sense. Only dimming light kept me from going for 30km!

And a creak has developed somewhere, will investigate in the morning..

ausdb

Being who he is
I probably should have read the million or so posts in the rack thread, and after making this post I'll probably have serious buyers remorse but bought one of these this afternoon.
A 99 bikes had just opened up near us and had an opening sale so we went for a look around after getting home from Collie. I think the hassle and time wasted loading my unloading and not being able to open the tail gate finally convinced my wife the old pacific four bike carrier needed an upgrade if we're going to do more trips in the future. I know it's not a shuttle rack but fingers crossed it's better than the current setup.

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
New tape and sealant for the rear, full wash and polish, shock cleaned and slicko'd... Will give it a brake bleed and new dripper cable before I sell it as well.
Check out this nasty schmoo I found hanging around in the rear caliper.

Didn't think it was that long since I'd bled this one. But maybe I was only doing quick and lazy lever bleeds.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Removed the cranks and bottom bracket, cleaned and re-greased.

I have a gap on the non-driveside arm but I can't remember if that was always there, frustrating! The cinch interface is properly engaged and there's no play in the cranks so maybe it's meant to be like that?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Removed the cranks and bottom bracket, cleaned and re-greased.

I have a gap on the non-driveside arm but I can't remember if that was always there, frustrating! The cinch interface is properly engaged and there's no play in the cranks so maybe it's meant to be like that?
A gap but no play, how can this be? Maybe start a new thread for this, it could be complicated.
Alternatively, post a photo if you want assistance.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it easy this morning and had a sleep in. Hadn’t lubed the chain on the Niner last week after cleaning it post mud fest so thought I better do that… hmm. Cranks not spinning so well (read: at all).

What I found in the bb shell o_O:oops:

View attachment 381446

Needless to say bb was toast. Gave it a quick clean and luckily had a spare bb to chuck in. Went and got my second AZ shot then went for an afternoon spin on the Yarra trails/paths. Nice weekend.

View attachment 381447
Impressive you got a shot of the pipe bridge with no one else on it on a Sunday atm

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
A 99 bikes had just opened up near us and had an opening sale so we went for a look around after getting home from Collie. I think the hassle and time wasted loading my unloading and not being able to open the tail gate finally convinced my wife the old pacific four bike carrier needed an upgrade if we're going to do more trips in the future. I know it's not a shuttle rack but fingers crossed it's better than the current setup.
Are you near Success? New one there, couple of kms from me.