What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Adelaide's arguable best trail network was lost about 2 years ago when a bushfire ripped through it.

There has been a load of work done getting the old trails fixed and some new trails built.

We did a few of shuttles today as the Gravity Enduro states are tomorrow and my boys wanted to ride the stages.

Had my new Hero 10 out trying some different settings.

The online reviews say to use the Natural colour setting but I still reckon Flat colour is better, will try some tomorrow in superview.

Flat starts at 2:52.

Those trails look fun as

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Was convinced that Fox 34s were just meant to have horrible small bump sensitivity and just harsh in general after trying volumes spacers, DSD Runt, and every combination of pressures and rebound. Never had an issue with 32s or SIDs, then the other week I tried out a friend's bike and was blown away by how good his forks felt. Had a bit of time this afternoon so I decided to look into it and found some YouTube videos talking about the negative air chamber, I've done lots of lower leg services so figured I'd try servvicing the air spring.

Fox must go through quite a bit of grease given what I found.

I'm guessing this was stopping it from equalising as well as taking up space in the negative air spring, so cleaned it up, put a lot less grease on then reassembled and the difference is amazing.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Was convinced that Fox 34s were just meant to have horrible small bump sensitivity and just harsh in general after trying volumes spacers, DSD Runt, and every combination of pressures and rebound. Never had an issue with 32s or SIDs, then the other week I tried out a friend's bike and was blown away by how good his forks felt. Had a bit of time this afternoon so I decided to look into it and found some YouTube videos talking about the negative air chamber, I've done lots of lower leg services so figured I'd try servvicing the air spring.

Fox must go through quite a bit of grease given what I found.
View attachment 381780

I'm guessing this was stopping it from equalising as well as taking up space in the negative air spring, so cleaned it up, put a lot less grease on then reassembled and the difference is amazing.
It's a common issue from the factory.

Too much fkn grease. Not sure if people think the grease disappears over time or what

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's a common issue from the factory.

Too much fkn grease. Not sure if people think the grease disappears over time or what
Do you know if Fox use an equalisation dimple on the stanchions like the RS solo airs?

Seeing how small the RS one is then only using some slippery viscous oil in there with not much grease that could plug it up seems to be all you can do.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Do you know if Fox use an equalisation dimple on the stanchions like the RS solo airs?

Seeing how small the RS one is then only using some slippery viscous oil in there with not much grease that could plug it up seems to be all you can do.
Yeah pretty sure it's a dimple like RS.

The RS service manual used to say apply a liberal amount of grease to the air spring and the picture showed a shit tonne of grease

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah pretty sure it's a dimple like RS.

The RS service manual used to say apply a liberal amount of grease to the air spring and the picture showed a shit tonne of grease
Ok, both Fox and RS must look over each other's fences.

Slapping on more grease looks good in the manual :) I bet that a large part of those negative chamber burping with zip ties and the like are due to a bit too much grease.

It does seem like the right thing to do though and am guilty of caking it on at times too.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That's on one of the newer trails at Cotter Pines, I think it's called Sneaky Pete?
Cool, still havent made it out there yet. Didnt get out on the weekend as I assumed all the trails would be heaving with sweating heavy breathing covid peeps....

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Cool, still havent made it out there yet. Didnt get out on the weekend as I assumed all the trails would be heaving with sweating heavy breathing covid peeps....
It's pretty quiet out there compared to Stromlo, I think you'd be fine. It's a really nice little set of trails they're building-. A lot of the Kowalski hand-cut style stuff, plus some machine-built flow sections that Iconic helped out with.

But I can imagine it's still wet out there like @droenn says.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saturday I got the map of Mt Wellington out. We live near the park, and out street shows on the map. So using a compass I drew a 5 km circle from our street to plan Sunday's ride. Well, the whole ride we had originally planned was inside the circle. So we rode up through the park eventually making our way to the Telstra tower on Chimney Pot Hill.

Bikes enjoying a well earned rest next to shelter.
We made our way back down through Waterworks and to South Hobart. We thought we would check out a route we had seen on Trailforks to see if it could be used as an alternative for Yvonne's commute home. Unfortunately, the route took us through the tip; full of stinking mud and dampness. We made our way home with disgustingly dirty bikes. I thought I may have to wash them on caustic soda but hot soapy water did the job.
Still, overall, a good ride and great to be out.
A few stats just by staying inside our 5 km circle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why dont you accept the science on this? Outdoor transmission is very unlikely, so live.