What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Its an expensive stretch of water to take a trailer/caravan.

Worth thinking about selling stuff and flying rather than time driving and boat prices for trailer.

We did AirBnB's on our last Tassie trip, factoring in destinations, fuel from SA to Tassie and around, the price of the caravan on the boat... not visiting Cradle Mt :p which is a mortgage to get accommodation at.
That is selling a lot of stuff... Things like tool drawers and compressors and whitegoods and shit like that gets sold here and re bought there. Kicker is the missus has a fondness for mid century modernist furniture she has collected that ive had several obscene quotes to move... I think I'll be ok - the Alfa and the Megane and the Scenic will be going down anyway so may as well load them up and put a trailer on the two with a tow bar . Plus another trip later on and I'll get it all there I think.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That is selling a lot of stuff... Things like tool drawers and compressors and whitegoods and shit like that gets sold here and re bought there. Kicker is the missus has a fondness for mid century modernist furniture she has collected that ive had several obscene quotes to move... I think I'll be ok - the Alfa and the Megane and the Scenic will be going down anyway so may as well load them up and put a trailer on the two with a tow bar . Plus another trip later on and I'll get it all there I think.
Sounds like you have weighed it all up and worked out the cheapest options.

A big move and maybe in a few years, we may make the same jump over Bass Strait but the cash cow is still dropping fat pats here so we will hang around in SA as long as it lasts.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Sounds like you have weighed it all up and worked out the cheapest options.

A big move and maybe in a few years, we may make the same jump over Bass Strait but the cash cow is still dropping fat pats here so we will hang around in SA as long as it lasts.
We are super lucky in that we are keeping our jobs and just going to work remotely. One of the great things to fall out of this pandemic is that it got everyone used to working from home. It makes zero difference if im working from home in suburban Canberra or Hobart...

ozzybmx

We are super lucky in that we are keeping our jobs and just going to work remotely. One of the great things to fall out of this pandemic is that it got everyone used to working from home. It makes zero difference if im working from home in suburban Canberra or Hobart...
Nice one ! I have a few friends that ONE of them can do the remote working and its giving the other one the shits.

I'm a 'fckn tradie' (kind of) so cant work remotely, missus is aged care and in the same boat. Im 49 next month and will retire at 56 if the fat cow can get me close to 7 more years.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Another Thursday night ride at Kalamunda. 21.4km and 425m vert. Loving the twin front light setup with another on the helmet.

And it’s not every ride you get to witness an AXS derailleur self eject. Looks like it may have been loose and the rider caught a stick which ripped it out of the hangar.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So I didn't think this through. I want to get my rear triangle off, but...brake cable routing. Any way of getting it off without needing to do a brake bleed after? I've not done one before and would prefer to avoid as I can't just go pick up the materials I need to do it.
Never take your rear triangle off, unless you need to. You can fully service the whole kit and caboodle with it still hanging around. Once you've done a full service, you will see how easy it actually is, how buttery smooth your bike feels, and you will do it more often, making your bearings last much longer.

Don't forget to torque everything to spec. There are far too many different torque settings for the squishy bits. Get them all right.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Afternoon of servicing the fleet yesterday. Gave the old Oppy some love after 13 years of neglect. Fitted a New to me but second hand wheelset, with some fresh GP5000s and a new bottom bracket.
The Reign got the wonkiest ever new Dissector on the rear for this weekends activities, and the freshly acquired Norco Gravel bike got a quick tune up before today's commute to work.

Attachments

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Fitted a new DHF / DHR combo recently. Wobbles were so bad I checked to see if the wheels were out of alignment. They were not.
Yeah. I'm not going to write off a brand after one bad experience. In fact I used to think it was my fault I got a wobble because I landed sideways off a jump or something (which is maybe a possibility). But since those noob days I've also had multiple new tyres with warp/wobble that I just don't want to buy them any more.

Moorey says he's never had it with stacks of maxxis. Maybe I'm just unlucky. But my bike is running some very straight looking Goodyears and my spares box only has Hutchinson and Schwalbe now.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Yeah. I'm not going to write off a brand after one bad experience. In fact I used to think it was my fault I got a wobble because I landed sideways off a jump or something (which is maybe a possibility). But since those noob days I've also had multiple new tyres with warp/wobble that I just don't want to buy them any more.

Moorey says he's never had it with stacks of maxxis. Maybe I'm just unlucky. But my bike is running some very straight looking Goodyears and my spares box only has Hutchinson and Schwalbe now.
Tbh this is the first one Ive got with a wobble and it's pretty bad, will see if I can reseat it tonight a bit better but not holding my breath as the bead looks to be even all the way around

ozzybmx

Tbh this is the first one Ive got with a wobble and it's pretty bad, will see if I can reseat it tonight a bit better but not holding my breath as the bead looks to be even all the way around
I've had a couple of new Maxxis with a decent wobble, one really bad DHF.
#2 son has also put the wobble in a couple doing... whatever he does to destroy tyres and frames :rolleyes:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Get some Chi-dexion rip off racking, its great shit for storage and bench solutions.

No doubt someone is selling it in every state.

I have 7 spans of it including my work bench. Fckn 2 of them in the storage area are full of boxes her Christmas decorations :mad:

Don't waste you money on those cheap as shit racking solutions!....my boss bought 3 sets as work benches, total dogshit, the 25mm ply to strengthen them was more than the cost of the benches
Go 2nd hand, heaps of places sell off used racking and spans at good prices, proper dexion stuff made of metal!

ozzybmx

Don't waste you money on those cheap as shit racking solutions!....my boss bought 3 sets as work benches, total dogshit, the 25mm ply to strengthen them was more than the cost of the benches
Go 2nd hand, heaps of places sell off used racking and spans at good prices, proper dexion stuff made of metal!
It's perfectly good for home use, 800kg per span holding Christmas decorations is plenty, no forklifting motors required.

The bench tops are shit though, hard to work on a tin top, form-ply is the go.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah, was warm and muggy without a breeze, but still wouldn’t be dead for quids. More soon hopefully.
More soon for sure.

As you mentioned too, a couple of later night rides would be great. With the warmer weather coming, a few night rides would be excellent.